Noisy condensed boiler

net64

Good morning!
Just a quick query on the above.
The house next door to me got the boiler/burner replaced two years ago by the landlord.All fine.
New neighbours moved in about 6 weeks ago and seemed to be having trouble with it over a period of time.
The landlord had a man around several times over the course of a few weeks working on it.
Now though there is more noise than ever coming from it!Before this it was barely noticeable.
We still have the old Firebird which makes minimal noise compared to next doors condensed one.I thought that the new ones were supposed to be quieter?
The noise is like a cross between a deep rumble and a base noise that you get from listening to music through a wall.
I know that it's not a major cross to bear but I find it very annoying,I can hear it in every room in the house!Especially when I have never heard noise from next doors oil burner in the last 13years!
Would it be classed as a nuisance and would it be any good in having a word with the landlord.Don,t know how it doesn't bother the tenants it's so loud!
I'd be afraid that it would blow up and land in our garden!

Thanks
Net64

If the boiler has not been correctly setup with the right nozzle, pressure, air, head settings it can resonate a low base tone (would drive you mad)

Sounds like it needs a proper setting up (flue gas, pump pressure etc checked)

Thanks for the reply DGOBS!
The man was back on monday at the boiler again.Don't know what he was doing,he was there about 1 1/2 hrs and it was still as noisy when he left!
Thank God the weather has improved as they haven't had it on since then.

Net64

Back