No probate official in Limerick /will/Probate now gone to Dublin and no update, Advice please

ciarano

Good morning
(Straight forward will split 4 ways on sale of family home )

Mam passed away July and We were advised back in October by solicitor there was No probate official in Limerick due to retirement so we had to have mams will sent to Dublin probate office,

Having heard nothing from our solicitor we asked of any update and to our disbelief we were told the following 'I can confirm we have not received any correspondence from the estate of your late mother, If you are anxious to progress the issue of the grant of probate then perhaps your local TD might be in a position to assist you .If you need any information from me please do not hesitate to contact me'

Can anyone help me ? on what options we have if any ,I feel we have been messed around for months when the solicitor knew there was no official in limerick and of all places Dublin probate office will have major delays as more wills per capita in ireland

I have tried to contact limerick probate office via email as no telephone number to see is there are any plans to replace ,No reply

Many thanks

Ask the executor to retrieve the original will & file from Solicitors office and instruct another firm to apply for Grant of Probate.

Or do it yourself if you have the time / skills to do so.

Has your solicitor applied for grant of probate or not? Surely they can answer that question.

If your solicitor have applied for grant of probate then you just wait in the queue, the executor and solicitor answer questions as they arise.

If your solicitor has not applied for grant of probate then do as Danny suggests.

A will my mum is beneficiary of went to probate in January and the solicitor thinks the end of the summer for completion of probate. It was a complex will with assets in 3 countries so it took forever to prepare for probate.

Went through probate last year in Cork, took 3-4 months but solicitor warned me that if it had gone to Dublin, it was going to take a minimum of 6 months to complete.

Am I correct in saying that the solicitor has submitted everything and not heard anything back and can't be bothered chasing to see what is going on? If they have applied, then you are in the queue and will just have to wait it out, going to another solicitor won't necessarily speed it up at the Probate Offices end. If they've not applied, then perhaps you need to move it elsewhere

Thanks everyone
i need to revert and see what has the solicitor actually done and thanks for giving me the direction and terminology needed,Have to say solicitor is very bad so far in her dealings ,
Have a good weekend and thanks

Have just sent an email now for clarification /Where we are at?, Unfortunately Dublin only deal via solicitor Seat Office Email [email protected].so will have to await our solicitor ,

Thanks Everyone

Just Got a reply from the solicitor
mam passed away june ,after getting everything in order Solicitor has just advised even after a final meeting in October that they only applied for grant of probate in late January with the Dublin probate office so that know means IF were luck might be dealt with end of year/2025,:(

Sounds about right in terms of Solicitors timeline.

Its been a while since I applied for probate, but at that time I got my probate mtg 5 months after submission & my Grant of Probate was in my hands 2 weeks after that.

Back