no hot water from shower

salaried

Hi, Thanks for all the help so far regarding our shower. We have gone from no water from our shower to cold water only, Would this mean we have to replace the shower unit , And if so do we need to call a plumber or an electrician, thank you,. Salaried.

Hi Salaried. The fact that you have cold water only, coming from your shower is almost definitely because of low water pressure. I have the exact same problem in both of our electric showers at present. If you have a modern Mira or Triton shower, for example, an orange light lights up on the unit to indicate that it's receiving power. But another orange light beside it will light up if you're water pressure is too low. It's a safety feature to prevent you from being scalded.

My guess (and remember that it's only a guess) is that all will return to normal when full water pressure is restored to yuou. Fingers crossed! :)

have you checkd to see if your taps mains and non mains are airlocked?

Hi Lilly. My guess is that, if the water is flowing through the shower, there isn't an airlock there. Just probably low pressure.

I have that problem at the moment but my pressure has been increased enough to fill my attic tank and, therefore, toilets etc. I still have no flow through my hot taps though. I think I may have an airlock there and I'm hoping full pressure will sort it out also.

Hi Lex, Thanks very much for your reply. I checked the shower earlier and both the power light and low flow light were on , Ours is a mira also, I will fill the tank to the brim this time and see what happens, I hope yours return to normal soon, Let me know how you get on, Again thanks for replying.

Hi Lex, Thanks very much for your reply. I checked the shower earlier and both the power light and low flow light were on , Ours is a mira also, I will fill the tank to the brim this time and see what happens, I hope yours return to normal soon, Let me know how you get on, Again thanks for replying.

Back again, Salaried. No point in filling the tank because an electric shower will only work off the mains. Just sit tight and all will be well.

My pressure returned this evening and my showers are working perfectly.

And I smell a lot better than I did this morning! ;)

Lex, Thanks for that, Good to know you are back in action again, I really appreciate your advice, I will sit tight and see what happens. I hope you and all yours have a great new years eve and a fresh start to 2011, Regards Salaried.

Thanks for all the advice throughout the year my friends. I can only hope I helped someone throughout the past year also. I wish you all a happy and peaceful new year, Best wishes, Salaried.

Back