nissan x-trail commercial

M

modemnut

Just looking at the nissan x-trails on carzone.ie and the commercial version seems to be a good few grand cheaper than the passenger version.

What would getting the commercial version mean in terms of tax&insurance and does anyone know if it has rear seats or if they can be fitted?

Thanks !

you have to have rear windows fitted also. i have one and really happy with it. it would cost a bunch to get it done.

I think there may be VRT issues too if the van is converted for passenger use.

I think there may be VRT issues too if the van is converted for passenger use.

definitely would...ah the joys of living in Ireland where the cost of vehicles is a govt rip-off.

Not sure how credible the information was that I received, but I was informed that if you purchase a commercial version of a jeep that has been imported through a motor distributor, it may not be possible to re-convert it into a passenger version. The seat belt fixing points have been welded up and the fixing points for the seats have been welded up also. This was meant to have been communicated to motor distributors by the Revenue commissioners to try and stop high end jeeps such as BMW X5 and Range Rovers being sold as commercial versions and then being converted back into passenger models without the necessary taxes being paid.

its still possible convert any commercial jeep back to passenger and legal too if you pay the vrt. the reason for requiring the seatbelt fixings to be welded up was to stop people taxing passenger jeeps for 250 a year by simply taking out the back seats for doe test day and putting them back in afterwards. the welding makes it a lot more hassleand eliminates all the " 7-seater pajero / commercial tax " ads in that used to be in buy and sell .

Back