Nissan 350Z

polo1

Any opinions on the 350Z please - thinking of importing one into Ireland from UK? 350z V6 Tiptronic met grey 17K miles 2005, abs, alloys etc.. 3.5Ltr engine for about 30K? Good or bad value ? What will the tax be on this and insurance. Female, Age 34 Full No Claims Bonus. Would I get insured on this?

Excellent car IMHO but not a car that is popular in Ireland due to the crippling VRT and Motor Tax rates. Annual road tax would be approx €1200. Insurance should not be a huge problem assuming you have full No claims bonus. Resale value may be a problem though for the reasons already outlined. Check the Revenue site before purchase to see how much VRT you will have to pay. Cool car esp for a female!

If you are doing this - then move before the budget (early Dec). The new VRT/Road Tax plans are expected to increase costs for larger cars. A possible top VRT rate of 40% was mentioned in one of the papers recently.

Whaaat ? 40% ? FFS !!!

Right, I used to believe in NA engines but to hell with that, turbos all the way now ! Even the 1.3L rotary engines in the RX8 are 'classed' as 2L or 2.5L for VRT now !!!

I'm a big fan of the Zed - nissans generally - I had a 200sx and I somehow talked my wife into buying another 200sx last year.

I test drove the 350z once - really feels like a muscle car with that 3.5 v6 engine. You have to get that Alezan leather if poss.

The price of 30k if it includes VRT seems very good copared to what you se them advertised here for; I assume the car you're looking at was originally a jap car as I don't think that triptronic is available in the UK.

Not sure if you need tp pay VAT as well as the car was first registered in Japan??

My wife's insurance is reasonable on the 200 which I believe it is group 17 under the UK rating sysyem - her quote is somewhere around 450 - full NCB and no penalty points etc.

Jap imports sometimes have ratings applied so I'd get a few quotes before you buy.

Whaaat ? 40% ? FFS !!!

Right, I used to believe in NA engines but to hell with that, turbos all the way now ! Even the 1.3L rotary engines in the RX8 are 'classed' as 2L or 2.5L for VRT now !!!
Yes folks, this is the country we live in that will change the rules to suit. We should revolt !!
Oops, Sorry.......can't afford to do that........

Back