nifty finance

Exchanger

Has anyone used Nifti to finance a new car? If so would you recommend using them.

At the stage where I'm tired of forking out a large lump sum to buy even two or three year old car and then 5 or 6 years later having a car worth very little and the headache of selling it or trade it in for even less!!

I know I wouldn't own the car using a "hire" company but I don't need to own one, I need the constant use of one.
Any views appreciated.

Put simply, lease deals are always more expensive than buying outright, and will be a lot more expensive than buying a 3 year old car every 5-6 years. You also have downside risks if you exceed the mileage allowance (10c per km) or they decide you didn't maintain the car in good enough condition at the end.

The likes of a credit union loan will nearly always be cheaper than a finance company deal.

However, all other things aside ( needing the cash available, opportunity costs etc. ), using cash to buy a car is by far the cheapest option, given the lack of interest given on deposits.

Back