Nice restaurants in Galway

CMK

Going to Galway for a girlie break on Sunday & Monday night. Can anyone recommend any nice restaurants for the evening?

thanks

I really liked eight on the dock road, lovely food casual dining very nice vibe.
[broken link removed]

Ard Bia is supposed to be great but never been.

Galway restaurant

Cavas is a lovely tapas restaurant, but might be a bit small if there is a big group of you.

Hi, I would like to reopen this thread as we are taking my Mam to Galway for her 70th birthday and would like to book a nice restaurant for dinner. Nothing too expensive, just somewhere with a bit of atmosphere and good food. Do you have any suggestions? Many thanks.

Might be worth keeping an eye on the groupon sites etc, they're collated here
www.mydealpage.ie

No further advice myself other than what I gave earlier in thread. Not sure 8 would be ideal for your mother.

no - not Bar8
Ard Bia is nice and cozy -- there food tends to have a lot of herbs though

Cookes has a nice atmosphere and a good menu

Try the Artisan Restaurant http://www.artisangalway.com/ or the Malt House Restaurant , both on Shop St./High St in Galway. The Malt House is probably the better for atmosphere and the Artisan is probably the better for food.

Definitely can recommend The Malt House. Lovely food good atmosphere. My parents (in their early 70s too) love the place.

Honestly. You can't beat McSwiggans.

McSwiggans is a safe bet and is alway consistent but there are lots of better places in the city which offer a better dining experience, IMO.

Asian Tea House
Rouge
Thai Garden
Artisan
Park House
Vina Mara

Hi everyone, many thanks for all of the great suggestions! It was a tough choice but I booked the Malt House for the night of my Mam's birthday in the end, really liked the menu and the place looks like it has a good vibe for a night out. I will post a quick review when I get back and hopefullly we will able try a few of the other suggestions while we are there as well. Thanks again it's much appreciated

Galway is Known for its summer racing festival and legendary lively nightlife. There are many restaurants where you can enjoy delicious food and many of them include bar also. I usually go there because of business trip and I will recommend you Aniar Restaurant. This is my favorite restaurants and I love to food there.

Back