Nice restaurants in Dublin/Ballsbridge

milly123

Hi,

Myself & hubs are going up to the big smoke for Celion Dion concert next weekend. Anyone recommend any nice activities and/or restaurants. We are staying in Ballsbridge.

Thanks in advance.

Milly

Hi
Bella Cuba and Rolly's are nice restaurants in Ballsbridge. Rolly's is expensive, but does a great lunch, only cheaper than evening meal.
You could go for a nice walk in Sandymount, by the sea, weather depending
Nicola

Just saw NicolaM's post. I'd definitely ageree with what she has to say re Rolys. Lunch is more or less the same as dinner there and a lot cheaper. (Though not that cheap!)

Hello Milly

It's hard to recommend things to do without knowing what interests you.
As a Dub myself I was pleasantly surprised by the sea safari a few years ago - . I did the safari to shake off the post-foreign-holiday-blues and it was great. You go out in a speed boat from Dublin bay and go along the coast as far as Killiney & Dalkey. The boat operator points out houses along the shore such Bono's and Enya's. We also saw lots of seals and had a good laugh as the boat did lots of sudden twists and turns at speed. It's €30 each for about an hour. I thought it was well worth the money and you get to see a different side of Dublin. I've no affiliation! What kind of things do you like doing? On Sunday afternoons there's a market in Dun Laoghaire park - can be nice to grab lunch there and head out the pier for a walk. You could jump on the dart from Landsdowne Rd.

As for restaurants - Roly's is nice but not sure it's worth the money. There's a nice little Italian place in Ballsbridge beside the bridge; nice for lunch or dinner. I've also heard someone recommend a restaurant above Roly's recently. I think it was a lebanese restaurant??

Have fun at the concert!

Agree Rolys is good

But what about Embassy Grill Chipper many a night came out of Paddy Cullens and into there
:D :D
Also Baan Thai restaurant beside Paddy cullens that still there ?

Dont get me started on Celine Dion Miss Gunner going also.........not me

The lunch menu in Roly's is quite good value - about €24 for 3 course - the evening prices are about twice that.

Kites also lovely - my fav Chinese

Milly,
There are some nice restaurants in Sandymount which is 5-10 mins walk from Ballsbridge. ITSA4, Dunne and Crescenzi and Marios. If you google them you'll get full details.
When I was at the Boss last night I agreed with my OH that we'd park there and have an early bird in one of those restaurants then get a dart to Croke Park.
Getting the Dart is definitely the best way to get to Croke Park from Ballsbridge (use either the Sandymount or Lansdowne station depending where you're staying). I've used the dart to go to GAA/Soccer/Rugby matches and the walk the far end isn't far.
FB

The earlybird in Bewleys is also very good value & a short walk to Sandymount Dart station

Great thanks again for your suggestions. Have lived in Ireland all my life, and this is my first time spending a weekend in Dublin !!

Hi Fredbloggs,

We were seated a good bit back alright, couldn't see her clearly on stage, and had to rely on the big screens. The layout was a bit strange alright. I thought she put on an OK show but felt that she didn't really chat or interact with the audience much, just kept belting out the songs.

Prob wouldn't bother going to see her again to be honest.

To all who recommended Rolys, we had a fab meal there Saturday night - thanks a million.

Back