Nice 4* hotel in central london

gilboy

Hi

Just wondering if anybody had recommendations for a nice and good value 4* hotel in central london

Thanks

The Victoria Plaza Park hotel right beside Victoria Station so you are near underground and Mainline station if you need transport I find it very central and usually walk everywhere from there.

I'd definitely second the Park Plaza at Victoria. If you don't want to be at the West End I'd also recommend the Novotel at Euston it is between Euston station and King's Cross/St. Pancra's. The Novotel at Tower Bridge is okay but I wouldn't be inclined to recommend it. The Crowne Plaza at Tower is lovely though. Marriott on Park Lane is rather nice too (not the Grosvenor one - which is nice but much pricier). Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes is close to Baker Street and is very cute and boutique and there is a lovely Park Plaza at County Hall which is by Waterloo station.

Last edited:
I've stayed in the Crowne Plaza London St James (http://www.london.crowneplaza.com/)
and it was lovely. Lastminute.com often have it featured as one of their 'top secret hotels', too, but good luck finding out which hotel it is first, they've gotten craftier about hiding it recently.

i couldnt fault the hilton metropoliton edgeware road.. unbelievable hotel and 10 mins walk to oxford street or 5 mins in tube. (edgeware road station) PERFECT HOTEL. I GOT 2 NIGHTS B&B FOR 126 EUROS FOR A DOUBLE ROOM BETWEEN 2 PEOPLE

I'd suggest the Strand Palace Hotel on the Strand. It's beside Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden (brilliant shopping) and slap bang in the middle of Theatre land, direct underground link via Piccadilly line from Heathrow at Leicester Square 5 mins away. Round London bus tours and Thames boat trip leave from the Embankment 5 mins away and the London Eye is 10mins away via the Millennium Bridge.

The Mandeville Hotel in Mandeville Place and the Marylebone Hotel which is owned by the Doyle group are two hotels... they are centrally located within walking distance of Marylebone, Oxford and Regent Street, and dab in the centre of many restaurants. The nearest tube station is Bond Street.

I'd second the Strand Palace - have stayed there twice in recent years and got nothing but the best of service. It's very central for most attractions too (and there's a great café not too far away which serves delicious breakfasts if you're not on B&B in the hotel itself!!).

Just come back from a great weekend in London. We stayed at an excellent hotel www.kingswayhall.co.uk/ .
Its less than a two minutes walk from Holborn tube station, which in on the Piccadilly and Central lines. Room was excellent and bathroom had a lovely power shower.
Room was £99 and we decided against the £16 per continental breakfast each and spend £5 in Starbucks, at the corner, for a roll, tea and fruitcup!
Also it is a 10 minute walk to Covent Garden.

I would highly recommend staying there and can't wait to go back. But I would never leave home without checking tripadvisor.com first!

Hi;
Where are you getting those rates?, I can only get 129STG per night?

Is it better to book a package via e.g. lastminute.ie or do it directly?
Cheers
B

Back