NIB Tracker Deposit a/c

I You can not lodge a lump sum into the Regular Saver. It is only intended for regular lodgements paid in by standing order. The amount lodged can not exceed 50,000.

Of course you can put in lump sums. I have had the account for about 4 months, and using internet banking put money in and out of the account as often as I like, and for whatever amount I like, whether that is 100 euro, or 1000 euro. No standing order required. There is no closing date on the account for lodgements ( which the aforementioned tracker 1 and 2).

I think this product is a handy product for dumping surplus cash out of my current account - using internet banking, and this is particularly relevant for people who have existing current accounts with NIB.

Marksa said: Of course you can put in lump sums. I have had the account for about 4 months, and using internet banking put money in and out of the account as often as I like, and for whatever amount I like, whether that is 100 euro, or 1000 euro.

When we talk about lump sums, we are generally referring to amounts like 10,000. If you tried to open the account with 20,000, you would receive a firm no.

When we talk about lump sums, we are generally referring to amounts like 10,000. If you tried to open the account with 20,000, you would receive a firm no.
I put a straight 50k into one of these a/cs and nobody gave me a firm no:)

Thanks! Despite the title of the thread, I think bos4's comments about "no lump sums" referred to the NIB Regular Saver.

FYI - Quote from the official 'Regular Savings Account' NIB T&C's

5.Payments to your account

5.1 We will accept cash or cheque or other appropriate items for payment to your account up to the maximum deposit of €50,000 (Excluding Interest)

Back