NIB security

Erith

On a 10 scale amongst options available to Irish investors, how safe are modest deposits with NIB?

In view of fact they are owned by Danske bank which is highly regarded i reckon NIB are one of the safest unless the whole financial euro business collapses.

In view of fact they are owned by Danske bank which is highly regarded i reckon NIB are one of the safest unless the whole financial euro business collapses.

Thanks Dewdrop. In terms of banks, I reckon they are as good as it gets but it's not an accident that gold has gone through the roof. I'm not suggesting your average punter buys gold but, is it possible that perhaps thinking about a well diversified managed fund might be a better option for the 100% risk averse small investor?

I am not a so called financial expert if such a creature exists but no matter how well diversified a fund is there is always a risk that your capital may depreciate. I am sure a few years ago people with funds invested in bank shares and other such type safe bets were totally confident that their investment was secure.

Back