NIB mobile banking app

marksa

Anyone else downloaded this? Looks pretty slick. I tried it out last night and it does almost all the things you can do on the eBanking - except share trading. Maybe that's next?

It even does one thing you can't do on eBanking, if you have an iPhone and hold it landscape it shows an overview of your account in graphical form for the last 6 months. Quite handy to see if the last month is any worse than the previous months for spending!

[broken link removed]

It also can be used on android as well as iPhone, which is probably a good thing as a lot of commercial apps are iPhone only.

Last edited:
Last week I finally moved from an old fashioned 2G phone without even a camera, to one of these new fancy pants computer phones. So the NIB app is the first thing I have ever downloaded onto a phone. I think it's great, it's very easy to use and as you say seems to do just about everything the web site does. I was very impreesed with the graphs you mentioned. Also you don't need the card full of 4-digit pin codes to use it. I don't know if this makes it less secure or not but it makes it quicker to use than the website. Mine is an andriod phone.

Also you don't need the card full of 4-digit pin codes to use it. I don't know if this makes it less secure or not but it makes it quicker to use than the website. Mine is an andriod phone.

I thought about the pin bit too, but the most that someone could do is to be able to view balances - provided that they had your pin and id. One can't make a transfer, or other changes without using the card as well, so the usual security is offered there.

just as an aside, I came across this by accident, but [broken link removed] is a handy way of quickly logging onto ebanking to see balances on a normal pc, or again on a phone which has internet, but not a "smart" phone. More and more websites seem to be making "ww.m...." versions of themselves for use on mobiles.

I am also very happy with the new app.

However, does anybody else have two agreements?

I have an agreement for my personal accounts and another agreement for the business account.

When I log in online I can choose which agreement to go to, however the app seems to take me directly to my personal bank account with no option that I can see to change.

Has anybody else got the same issue?

Its a very good app, hopefully they will allow users to see their custody account as well in the near future.

Also you don't need the card full of 4-digit pin codes to use it. I don't know if this makes it less secure or not but it makes it quicker to use than the website.

You don't need the card to login but if you do any transfer of funds it asks you for a code from the card.

It is a nice app and another reason why NIB are streets ahead of the other banks in IT terms.

You don't need the card to login but if you do any transfer of funds it asks you for a code from the card.

It is a nice app and another reason why NIB are streets ahead of the other banks in IT terms.

yeah - but they never advertise, so they are the best-kept banking secret! I see that AIB has launched their mobile banking service today.
www.aib.ie/mobilebanking
they've said that they will be launching app in the future. Given their dominant market share in current accounts, people will just soldier on with whatever level of technology is given to them, none the wiser...

Back