NIB internet banking & the changes

birdy

Has anyone else experiance of the changes NIB have made to their internet banking. I am finding it to be a long cumbersome affair to log on. Java seems to have to be downloaded each time, which is quite slow -is there anyway around this, and you need to keep the plastic card with the security key with you all the time.

I used to love NIB for the ease of use of its ebanking & no fees but very fustrated with it this week.

Is there anyway I set it so that I just can log in as I used to, I only ever use the home PC for banking.

I am also finding it cumbersome. Are they charging for internet use too?? I am not aware of that if they are and I read all the literature.

The new arrangements for NIB online banking are certainly not customer friendly. Having to retain the ID card in a safe place for use everytime I log on, coupled with having to use a different key code every time is a real pain.

I got all the bumpf about the new system, and it looks dreadful. The card with the PIN numbers looks to be about 6pt font - large numbers of people will NOT be able to read print this small.

I was using the old system up to a week or two ago, but it looks like they've cut that off.

It's a stupid setup alright, I rang them 2 months ago about not being able to log onto any computer but your own to log in, they said they were working on a new setup and they were testing it first with their own people first. They're own people must'nt have seen the hassle with it, it's a joke, going to ring them again this week and see if it's a permanent fix or what.

I’m on the new system and don’t have any problems with it.

My user ID and password are in my head and the security card is in my wallet which is always on my person. The font on the security card is no smaller than newspaper print and numbers are in sequence.

Java does have to load on every occasion, but even on my old computer this takes no more than a few seconds. I think the reason for this is no login details will be stored on any computer.

You can now log on from any computer once you have your user ID and password and are in possession of the security card.

I am not sure if anyone knows yet, but when you log in to NIB eBanking you can order a new Security Card. You have two options, a) the standard credit card type (plastic) b) a larger paper format, they said that the print is larger on the papaer one, I have not seen this as I think the plastic one suits me better.

Just log in and click settings, then you can change the replacment frequency too, its in there you order the new one.

My user ID and password are in my head and the security card is in my wallet which is always on my person. The font on the security card is no smaller than newspaper print and numbers are in sequence.

That's all well and good until you leave your wallet at home some day or you loose, or get it robbed.

I get 4-6 Java errors ('needs earlier version') every time I run it. It doesn't remember the Access ID number in the browser in the way the previous version did, so I have to save that elsewhere (huge security improvement, eh?). The password that I'm prompted to re-enter for every transaction is the 4-digit PIN rather than the strong password that used to be there. I'd be reasonably confident that the system fails most of the WAI WCAG web accessibility guidelines.

I know they need to be careful of keyboard loggers, but there are some big steps backward here from NIB, no doubt paid for by their customers. I really wonder if there was any end user involvement in the design, prototyping or testing.

I keep getting the Java errors also, I will have to give them a call tomorrow, I jsut couln't get on this evening.
Definatly a big step backwards, not user friendly at all imo

Contacted NIB today and they said many customers have contacted them saying how good of a system it is. I don't believe that for a minute, so they are going to ring me back later to discuss the problem further, i will let you know the outcome. A few more of you guys need to ring up too. They may listen to alot of people instead of just one.

I think we need to do more than call the customer service reps at the call centre if this is going to change. I'm happy to pass on the CEO's email address by PM to anyone who is keen to highlight this problem at senior level. Some good tips for how to do this are available at http://www.valueireland.com/e-mail-the-ceo/

I wonder if you could send me details. I have phoned customer service and they noted my complaint but didnt feel they really accepted the shortfalls but instead tried to sell all the advantages of increased security, ability to use on public computers etc.

I found the changeover to Access ID very smooth. I find it less trouble than ActivCard which requires an electronic key generator. I have used all 3 login methods since I use Linux and Windows. Another advantage with Access ID is there is no longer a requirement for Internet Explorer. They now have one solution to support for Windows, Linux and Mac.
At least with the plastic card you can securely store an image of it on your phone which can be zoomed if you have trouble reading the small font.

I found the changeover to Access ID very smooth. I find it less trouble than ActivCard which requires an electronic key generator. I have used all 3 login methods since I use Linux and Windows. Another advantage with Access ID is there is no longer a requirement for Internet Explorer. They now have one solution to support for Windows, Linux and Mac.
At least with the plastic card you can securely store an image of it on your phone which can be zoomed if you have trouble reading the small font.
I agree completely.

Nice Idea Yella......I stored the login details on my phone as well...One other major deficiency exists for people who travel for extended periods. If you log in frequently and run out of 'keys'. The new one is sent to your home address and you are cut off from accessing internet banking until you get home. The Customer service response to this was have someone from home read the number to you over the phone....was not pleased with the changes.

Nice Idea Yella......I stored the login details on my phone as well...One other major deficiency exists for people who travel for extended periods. If you log in frequently and run out of 'keys'. The new one is sent to your home address and you are cut off from accessing internet banking until you get home. The Customer service response to this was have someone from home read the number to you over the phone....was not pleased with the changes.
Your totally defeating the purpose of the security system!! storing the information on your phone. When that's lost or stolen, the crooks have all the info they want. Silly. Just goes to show how useless the system is

Another problem - the new platform doesn't work for me on Google Chrome.

Hi Complainer,

I am using Google chrome and it seems okay, just not fully supported (tabs etc a bit messy) but I just logged in today and made payments no problem.

Well Packard......It is not stored under anything to do with the bank and is embedded in some text....but thanks for the tip !

Back