NIB eSaver alternative

sandra1

I have NIB eSaver account which has reduced interest to 2%.
I would like to transfer my money somewhere else.
I already have NUK account.

I would like to have easy access (not fixed term) account. Looking at the best buys, AIB has the highest interest for lump sums.
I would appreciate if you can give me your opinion?
Thank you so much in advance.

I would look no further than the NUK easy access account, especially as you already have an account with them so you might not have to go through the full I.D verification with them. Instant access and pays 3% (up to 6 free withdrawals per year). I am in the same position as you and this is what I'm doing.

I would go with AIB Direct Easy Access Reward Account at 3.45%. You are allowed 2 free withdrawals per year. Rate drops after year 1.

I just opened an Easy Access Reward Account. I already have a Premium Demand and a 1 Year Reward Fixed Term Account with them. The Premium is also good but 3.35%.

Thank you everybody.

I would look no further than the NUK easy access account, especially as you already have an account with them

I am very happy with NUK, but I don't want to have all my savings there, just in case.
I would go with AIB Direct Easy Access Reward Account at 3.45%

What is your experience with AIB online banking, are there any limitations?
I would appreciate very much if Ciaran gives his opinion about AIB demand deposit account?

AIB Direct have no online service - yes that's a pity but you can do everything on the phone. You can send money by transfer into an account using your own online banking.

AIB Direct have no online service - yes that's a pity but you can do everything on the phone. You can send money by transfer into an account using your own online banking.

yes - but the beauty of online is that you can get money out in a hurry if things go pear-shaped as happened with Northern Rock. a phone line would be totally swamped in a run on AIB. and no - i am not opening this up to being a discussoin on runs on banks, just pointing out the inadequacy of phone accs

Even with online the website can go down so it's no huge advantage in a doomsday scenario.

Online banking is just easier J
But I am more concerned I won’t really recognize when “things go pear shaped”. Maybe they already are?

I would appreciate very much if Ciaran gives his opinion about AIB demand deposit account?

Hey Sandra, I am not sure if I can add much here. Worth remembering that you are forced to maintain an AIB current account with their AIB Online Notice 7 account which may in turn incur fees.

Worth remembering that you are forced to maintain an AIB current account with their AIB Online Notice 7 account which may in turn incur fees.

AIB current account involves fees? Would you have any details?
What about Easy Access Reward Account or Premum Demand Account - do they require current account as well?

Any accounts with AIB Direct e.g. Easy Access, Premium do not require an AIB current account.

you are forced to maintain an AIB current account with their AIB Online Notice 7 account which may in turn incur fees.

This is not quite correct, I have the AIB online notice 7 a/c and sweep in/out via a demand deposit a/c, which incurs no fees.

Back