New York - Woodbury Common and Jersey Village

i had no idea what you were talking about either until you clarified it. if you dont have the time to post properly then maybe you shouldnt post at all.

does a shop in Jersey gardens stock " kids kine runners"??

hahaha mickman, so your still going on about my kids kine runners mistake, get a life for gods sake.

Lads, time to move on so that a good thread isn't derailed. :)

i agree but should i be taken out an stoned for a spelling mistake??

maybe you should read over your reply to "oil, how high will it go?

talk about spelling mistakes!!! you are the king!!

Last edited:
no where in my post on high oil is it unclear as to what im saying , as another poster has already said its impossible to know what kids kine runners are.

thanks Daddy,
i was in a nike shop which i stated in the post mickman, so that would lead some to assume i meant nike runners when i made my horribly unforgiving spelling error

according to wikipedia kine is

Hawaiian for "excellent" generally referring to marijuana of high quality.

is this what you meant?

Man please stop taking the Mick.

This has proved an overall informative thread.

Daddy,
when are you going to n y?
did you say july? it will be pretty warm there ,something to bear in mind. i would say jersey gardens is worth a trip anyway, i have a cousin who is a pilot so he spends alot of time in new york and takes his wife there and they shop alot in woodbury common and jersey gardens.
they say both are much the same and very good value for money.

No sales tax in NY state including Woodbury on clothes under $100 ish, google for exact amount.

Was in NY over the May weekend. Centuary21 looking into the trade towers construction site, great value for clothes shoes young and old. I went back a 2nd time after doing Macys as well. Its only 5dollar of taxi over to South Shore which also has lots of smaller shops, (actually very like a shopping centre here with some thing for everyone.)

Did we save money? On clothes yes but offset that against flights and hotel - then no but we had fun.
DS Lites, PsP’s and games ½ price very help full assistant seemed so used to Irish buyers was able to warn what worked and what didn’t.( don’t forget to get plugs/adaptors for chargers if getting electronic items)

If no kids with you do the dinner and cruise( we did World Yacht) great value( 140euro for 4 course dinner music dancing and 3 hours cruise down( up?) river and out to Statute of Liberty). Also Top of the Rock is way better than Empire for views.

Horse carriage in Central Park is 34dollars for 20mins and was nice.
Warning MOMA is closed on Tuesdays!

Mortons for the Shananhans experience at fair price

Our third trip to NY in 10 years, did Woodbury was blown away but not on a 4 day trip.

Sorry to disagree with the previous poster. Century 21 is very hard work to find stuff. You really have to rummage. Not what I'd call a pleasant shopping experience.

Would never take a horse ride in Central Park. The state of some of the horses is shameful!

Totally agree re Top of the Rock. A much more pleasant experience plus you get a great view of the Empire State Building!

Woodbury Common is worth the trip if you've enough time in NY. It will take a complete day and is approximately an hour outside NY. The bus is about €38 return per person from the Port Authority. Alternatively you can rent a car which works out quite cheap or hire a limo for the day for around $400. WC is better than Jersey Gardens if you're looking for top-end brands...Gucci, Hugo Boss, Armani, Juicy Couture, Fendi etc. Plus there's the usual stuff-Levis, Timberland, Quicksilver etc. We generally go once a year for four days-spend one in WC and get a limo out there. Spend one shopping in Manhattan, another going around sightseeing etc and then keep one day free just to chill out and catch a Broadway show one of the nights. Century 21 was good a few years ago but has gone downhill. It's chaotic at best but aside from that the 'outlet' concept has been slightly perverted and it's not just there. Originally outlets were for last years stock or excess stock...the product was still top quality in other words. But now manufacturers, realising they can get retail prices for their product, are manufacturing product specifically for outlet stores. That product is not the same quality as their 'mainstream' stuff which keeps their big customers appeased. So the designer socks you buy in Century 21 may have the little logo on them but they will not be the same as the ones you buy in say BT's. One to watch out for.

Thanks John Rambo but it will be very difficult then to know the real thing in these outlets.

What's BT's by the way - boutiques ?

Back