New York Hotel Recommendation

thanks for the responses, its definitely what we're gonna do now, to further pick yer brains, can you still do trips to Statue of Liberty that time of the year, I was there years ago for short break, but my gf has never been so I want to get in as many touristy things as possible (in between the shopping)

thanks for the responses, its definitely what we're gonna do now, to further pick yer brains, can you still do trips to Statue of Liberty that time of the year, I was there years ago for short break, but my gf has never been so I want to get in as many touristy things as possible (in between the shopping)

Did a trip out to the Statue of Liberty in November but it wasn't pleasant...freezing cold and quite windy.
I generally stay in the Grand Hyatt but have also stayed in the Waldorf Astoria. Hyatt is really nice despite what I've seen on tripadvisor but if it's a special trip go for the Waldorf. You're talking $300ish per room per night for the Hyatt and about $450 minimum for the Waldorf.
I would recommend swerving drinks and breakfast in either hotel as for some reason the prices are completely outrageous...$30 a head for a small breakfast, $10 for a beer, that sort of thing.

Thanks KalEl,

the way things are going it might be scorching hot in November, thanks for all your tips

Thanks KalEl,

the way things are going it might be scorching hot in November, thanks for all your tips

You get the best value in the shops as well...the post Thanksgiving sales are great if a little chaotic. Most places close for Thanksgiving which you should consider also.

We stayed in the Double Tree Suites in Times Square you wont get better for comfort or Location we walked everywhere from it even though the subway was next door. Enjoy as I did with my family last summer.

Stayed in Radisson Lexinton Avenue the week before last and thought it was great. About 8 minutes walk to time square, but very clean. Woke by workmen (outside) one morning, and by the shower in the room next door another morning, but it was nothing a normal man would not sleep through.

JMR,

going for teh firest time myself in Sept - was advised by a few people to get the www.newyorkpass.com if you're doing the tourist things. Bit like the fast pass at Disney/Universal as you skip all Q's and go straight to the top. ANy of the big attraction can have huge Q's I'm told

Stayed in Radisson Lexinton Avenue the week before last and thought it was great. About 8 minutes walk to time square, but very clean. Woke by workmen (outside) one morning, and by the shower in the room next door another morning, but it was nothing a normal man would not sleep through.

That's interesting. Its tripadvisor ratings are mixed, to say the least. Good to hear your positive verdict.

If you're looking for cheap flights US Airways fly from Dublin to La Guardia with transfers via Philadelphia for around the €300 mark return all-inclusive.

Just had a look at this..the cheapest I could find was for €470 return direct flights. Couldnt seem to get an indirect flight.

Le Parker Meridian views over Central Park, 85th street in between 6th and 7th Avenues, beware that Times Square is really touristy hence dearer prices for poor restaraunts, eat out in the theatre district, Meat packing district (very chic) and greenwich village, walk through central Park , go to Fulton boulevard, great city enjoy.

The Parker Meredian is lovely but I think the best area to stay in is soho - loads of atmosphere and shops and restaurants - check out the soho grand hotel.

My favourite is the Iroquois, on hotel row, between Times Square and 5th Ave. It's a little gem.

The soho grand hotel,
Hudson Hotel
W hotel
Ameritania
Think its called the "London" hotel, where gordon ramsay has his restaurant.
Mandarin Orient

Hope you have a fab time!

hotel pennsylvania hotel, 10 mins from times square. not too dear. fab location. 5 mins to macys

Back