New window technology Virtuiso Bonner windows

Jolly Man

At the self build show in northern Ireland the weekend and was speaking to Bonner windows they were really pushing this product and the price was very good does anybody have any comments/used it?

Its a replacement to alu-clad as such it has a plastic veneer?!!!!

http://www.bonnerwindows.com/virtuoso_casement.html

Jollyman what kind of U values were they saying don't see any specs on the site? Also did you get a quote.

Villain here btw

Villian,

Quoting 1.4 standard and 1.2 for a slightly more expensive low e glass. They are saying its 10% cheaper than aluclad and they are apparently cheap and quite good from reports i have read about them (PVC wood and Aluclad)just not sure about this particular method! I am due a full price today/tomorrow They can deliver 15days from measuring!

Will do, i would love to here anybody who has heard/seen it.

Sydthebeat have u come across it?

do you really want me to comment???

I am very favourable to the move away from PVC windows, so any attempt to re-introduce PVC as a finishing product is not one i would be keen on.

To be honest, the idea of facing a timber window in PVC can only be compared to dressing Rosanna Davidson in a luminous boiler suit..... nonsensical.

Aluminimum cladding has lot more depth and definition than PVC, and, although not perfect, is a lot more desirable than PVC.
It should be noted that PVC windows are outlawed in Ireland on protected structures, due to their lack of definition and blandness.

Alright was kinda half expecting that i mentioned it to my brother and he was of the same opinion, there selling point is that it is 100% sustainable as opposed to alu-clad!?

I really am no good at the technical side im here to learn. So is alu-composite the most preferred method?

to argue that it is 100% sustainable is a complete lie. PVC is produced from a thermoplastic process.... linked directly to oil resources. PVC is not sustainable or eco friendly. Aluminium is a naturally occurring metal and is the most naturally occurring metal in the earths crust.

to argue that it is 100% sustainable is a complete lie. PVC is produced from a thermoplastic process.... linked directly to oil resources. PVC is not sustainable or eco friendly.

I agree 100%. I have problems with any product that is marketed as being "maintenance free"; all materials require some degree of maintenance, unless they are to be enclosed in a bell jar! The use of plastics (PVC foil and so on) is not "sustainable" as these materilas require the use of finite resources in their manufacture and at the end of life they cannot be recycled or recovered for re-use.

Back