New Waste Charges Card SDCC

Dowee

I'm not 100% sure where to post this so feel free to move.

On Friday I found out that SDCC are changing their bin collection charging system from tags to a top up card. I discovered this because An Post put some junk mail in my door about topping up in their shops.

Needless to say I've not received any documentation regarding this from South Dublin County Council nor have I received my card. I've emailed, texted and phoned them numerous times today but to no avail. The phone system is a farce, unless you know the extension you want it cuts you off. Sometimes there's a message that says "all bins will be registered by the end of this month". Which is a very useful message when you haven't a clue when it was put on the system.

I tried ringing the numbers of the departments from the phone book but they seem to be routed to them same message and cut off system.

A couple of questions

1. Does anyone what is going on in the SDCC and how you are meant to get in touch with them?
2. Has anyone else encountered this problem, if so how did you resolve it?

Thanks

Hi,
I was sent a letter by the director of environmental Services.
You contact the main number 01 4149000 and ask for Environmental services.
The letter says that the email address that you can contact is [email protected] or that there is FAQ on their website.
They have to call out and register your bin. This means leaving it out all day and they cannot seem to do this on the day when bins are collected. i am not keen on this as I have hand bins stolen and burnt in the past.

Best of luck

Back