New samsung soul phone

Madangan

Hi,
am thinking of changing my mobile provider(bill pay) to meteor and getting a new phone...the samsung soul.

Anyone good or bad experience of meteor and generally are samsung phones good and specifically has anyone got the samsung soul.

Ive been with Nokia for years. I use the phone for calls and text( never use the email etc...) but this phone has a 5.0 pixel camera which is better than my own camera...any thoughts comments welcome.

Been with Meteor for the last couple of years and find their tariffs very good. Especially the "talk & text for free to anyone on the same network" if you spend €50 on the monthly plan.
Website is pretty good but the webmail is rubbish. I had created a new account when I signed up to Meteor and within a couple of months, it was full of spam, without me even once using it to sign up to anything.
Samsung phones are really nice looking, but I think they still have flaws with the software compared to SE (who I think have the best software). I had a G600 that I couldn't grow to like and went back to my old W810i.
Horses for courses.

Got a Samsung soul a few weeks ago and haven't had any problems with it. Call quality has been fine, which is the most important thing. I have used Nokias for many years and found texting a bit strange at the start, but I'm getting used to it now. The radio, mp3 player and camera are a definite improvement from the N70 it replaced.

One thing I am still not clear on is whether it can use Micro SD HC cards. The manual says it can take up to an 8GB card, but it only mentions Micro SD which don't come in 8GB. I settled for a 2GB micro SD card in the end, which should be sufficient for my needs. If you are going to buy card for it, I used http://www.dvd.co.uk/ and can recommend them. Cost GBP7.98 delivered and arrived in 3 days. (I have no other connection with the company).

I shelled out €129.oo and bought the phone today, its lovely to look at and camera very good for price I paid.. No doubt I will spend the w/e playing with it :eek:

I just bought a Samsung Soul phone with Meteor. Had Nokia for years. Its a stylish looking phone with lots of features but I find the ring tones too quiet even when set at max setting. I have missed lots of calls since I got this phone. I took it back to Meteor shop and to be honest they could not be less helpful. I wonder is the ringtone volume a common problem with Samsung Soul phones compared to my previous Nokias or is it a particular defect with my phone. Thanks for any advice

Back