New rail parking charges to cost commuters €500 a year

What is irritating to me is the current cost of parking in the likes of Leixlip Louise Bridge is €2 per day or €5 for the week, now they will give us a "deal" for €8 per week ?

Peggy, how does the weekly ticket currently work, are you guaranteed a space?

Last edited:
I live near Coolmine station, in a private estate which already has a problem with non-residents parking in it. We also have a problem with dangerous parking on our access road eg, people parked on top of junctions, directly opposite junctions forcing drivers onto the wrong side of the road. We have to make a 2-pronged effort to sort this - 1 with our managing agents and 2 with developer of diff estate as the main access road, which is not part of our private estate hasn't been "taken in charge" yet.

BUT the point is, it will be interesting to see how this parking outside the car park in estates escalates in an attempt to save a few bob. In turn that will have us eventually hiring clampers for inside the private bit and trying to get double yellow lines on the main road - which would be a bit killjoy now but as they are already starting to park in dangerous spots, is becoming a realistic/necessary route.

I use R & L station daily by coincidence. Where are all these illegally parked cars you are referring to? as its a private car park, people can park whereever they wish; no-one is parked 'illegally'. Its up to the Station to decide who gets clamped for parking where, and they currently enforce that very well, mainly on the smaller Lusk-side car park

The current car park on the lusk side is unconventional to say the least. As far as I know, there maybe plans for that whole area? The station do not give a toss parking or anything else. Take for example the 20 or 30 Roma Gypsies(apologies if that's no pc) living in small cottage on their land. And what about these guys "Nationwide Controlled Parking Systems"? I bet these guys would clamp their own grandmother. Trust me they will enforce unmercifully.

Paddyd, no the current weekly ticket does not guarantee you a space. But neither will the €8 I'm sure.

A €3 hike in the weekly cost I believe will mean more people parking in estates etc.

To be honest I have not grumbled about the €5 per week as it seemed reasonable and luckliy at the time I get to Louisa Bridge station car park I will always get a space, but I really think the price hike is cruel and I would like to see it justified.
If you buy the weekly ticket for 48 weeks of the year your costs (on top of your ticket) have gone from €240 per year to €384

Back