New Pope

Firefly

So the conclave was pretty quick. The Holy Spirit entered the room and the new pope was chosen. Who was he....oh...the runner-up from the last time :D

Watching the live coverage last night, my first impression of his first public appearance as Pope was .. he looks terrified.

Poor fella, comes over from Argentina for an auld vote and to have a bit of a hooley with the other cardinals, and all of a sudden he can't go home ............

Poor fella, comes over from Argentina for an auld vote and to have a bit of a hooley with the other cardinals, and all of a sudden he can't go home ............

He'll not get to see the rest of Breaking Bad now :eek: !

I listened to the first few minutes of Marc Coleman on Newstalk last night. He twice referred to Argentina as Argentinia.

Sigh :rolleyes:

Good to broaden it out beyond Europe - and it seems he's a real 'brass tacks' no pomp type of guy - maybe he'll make an impression. For instance he's not against contraception for disease prevention so that should help on the whole African issue.

While it's not going to make a huge impact on my existence I'd quietly hopeful he'll be an active force for positive change in the church and in the wider world.

Watching the live coverage last night, my first impression of his first public appearance as Pope was .. he looks terrified.

Of course he was terrified, he can't go home........and he left the immersion on !

Remaining impressed so far - even though some whiff of scandal re whether he did enough at the time of the army coup -voices for and against on that one.

Back