New Nissan Qashqai

northsideboy

Has anyone heard anything about this car. have driven 3 Ford Focus'es but feel its time for something new?

Seen the concept car at the motor show in Ballsbridge.

The following week Windsor Motors , Bray had it on their forecourt.

Kind of a smaller version of SUV than before.

Due to be released in March 2007.

Approx price 25,000

Lovely looking car, inside and out.

Plenty of gadgets.

It is on the market. The boys in the marketing department must have had a canary when they learned the name of it. Must have caused as many sleepless nights as the boot on thr renault megane. Qashqai is only the kind of name a committee could come up with, witht he help of a few disjointed focus groups and a total absence of common sense. May still be a good car but lumbering it with a name that makes it sound like an exotic fruit is not a good idea

It is on the market. The boys in the marketing department must have had a canary when they learned the name of it. Must have caused as many sleepless nights as the boot on thr renault megane. Qashqai is only the kind of name a committee could come up with, witht he help of a few disjointed focus groups and a total absence of common sense. May still be a good car but lumbering it with a name that makes it sound like an exotic fruit is not a good idea

Right enough, the boys in the marketing dep. had their work cut out for them !!

I believe the Qashqai are a nomadic tribe in Southern Iran. The fact that we're even discussing the name means that the marketing is working! I suppose other car names also sounded silly when we heard them first : e.g. toyota avensis, aygo, hiace etc Ssangyoung Kryon, VW Bora, Beetle to name just a few!

Test Drove the Qashqai saturday, very nice and great seating position, the interior is very well done and seating very comfortable. You get alot with the car that other brands VW/Audi etc rip you off for. Salesman said if he had 200 in the showroom they would all be sold. 14 weeks waiting list, shows how popular this Car/SUV is going to be.

Asked Salesman about what NCAP it had and he looked at me blank and said "haven't a glue" so I will buying from a different garage that has done its research on safety etc.

I am going to order one as it worth it for €25K.

Is the waiting list still 14 weeks or has this come down? Has anyone got one or driven it? My wife is very interested in it.

Back