New Mazda 3 good deal ?

Graham_07

Got a phone call from my Mazda dealer Friday. ( things must be quiet ) He has several new Mazda 3 5 door tourings available ( the higher spec. one ) at c. €16,500, Some €4,000+ less than previous RRP. ( This is mentioned on Mazda's website too and I had seen some other paper ad's from dealers recently.) Herself has a '03 Mazda 2 1.2 basic with 63K miles on clock. On phone he said you could prob change for about €12,000. Thats allowing about €4,500 for the old Maz 2. ( I know really less due to not getting discount if cash buyer ) Carzone are quoting about €4,500 for a 2003 Maz 2. We were not really looking at changing at this time but since that was initial phone call I assume there's a bit more bargaining in it. I know also that the all new Maz 3 is out at end of year and will be about €23K and have looked at the pic's etc. but that not really an issue here as new model doesn't bother us. (my MX-5 is 01 and will be around for years to come )

The thing is with the big drop he actually has a 2007 Maz 3 in the forecourt at present which he looking for €16K for. I know this looks ridiculous when he quoting same for a new one but the big drops in prices recently seems to be making a bags of 2nd hand prices on those traded in before now.

I'm thinking that given the price now, is this a good time to move. Can one go wrong at that price. I know someone with a 2008 Maz 3 bought straight for €19K ( good at the time ) but that car now prob only worth about €11-12. So if go for this deal would have a good start on the depreciation and a new car with 3 year warranty and all the goodies. Have I missed something or does it sound good ? BTW the car would be kept for at least 4-5 years anyways.

Graham

PS have dealt with this dealer for years and while I know all car dealers are gangsters ( in the nicest sense of the word ) this guy has never put anyone in the family wrong and with our long history of Mazda's & their legendary reliability am likely to buy there when the time would come anyways.

PPS not looking at other cars, if this doesn't work out will just keep the Maz 2 for a good while yet.

Hi Graham,

Looks like a good deal to my untrained eye. Do you think the fact of 3.5 months left in this year have much of a bearing on the deal?

Snap on the cars, me a 2 and himself a 3. Can't go wrong with Mazdas IMHO.

Got a phone call from my Mazda dealer Friday. ( things must be quiet ) He has several new Mazda 3 5 door tourings available ( the higher spec. one ) at c. €16,500, Some €4,000+ less than previous RRP. ( This is mentioned on Mazda's website too and I had seen some other paper ad's from dealers recently.) Herself has a '03 Mazda 2 1.2 basic with 63K miles on clock. On phone he said you could prob change for about €12,000. Thats allowing about €4,500 for the old Maz 2. ( I know really less due to not getting discount if cash buyer ) Carzone are quoting about €4,500 for a 2003 Maz 2. We were not really looking at changing at this time but since that was initial phone call I assume there's a bit more bargaining in it. I know also that the all new Maz 3 is out at end of year and will be about €23K and have looked at the pic's etc. but that not really an issue here as new model doesn't bother us. (my MX-5 is 01 and will be around for years to come )

The thing is with the big drop he actually has a 2007 Maz 3 in the forecourt at present which he looking for €16K for. I know this looks ridiculous when he quoting same for a new one but the big drops in prices recently seems to be making a bags of 2nd hand prices on those traded in before now.

I'm thinking that given the price now, is this a good time to move. Can one go wrong at that price. I know someone with a 2008 Maz 3 bought straight for €19K ( good at the time ) but that car now prob only worth about €11-12. So if go for this deal would have a good start on the depreciation and a new car with 3 year warranty and all the goodies. Have I missed something or does it sound good ? BTW the car would be kept for at least 4-5 years anyways.

Graham

PS have dealt with this dealer for years and while I know all car dealers are gangsters ( in the nicest sense of the word ) this guy has never put anyone in the family wrong and with our long history of Mazda's & their legendary reliability am likely to buy there when the time would come anyways.

PPS not looking at other cars, if this doesn't work out will just keep the Maz 2 for a good while yet.

The reason for the deal is simple and you have mentioned it above, the new model is out next year and Mazda Ireland has a load of the old models to shift now! It's an excellent car and the trade in he is giving you seems about right so it's just really down to the question of do you want to / need to fork out €12,000. Also don't assume you will get finance easily, even the most stable occupations are having a hard time of getting money at the moment. I also doubt however there is much more to come off the price but maybe he will throw in a years free serving or something else like that. Decisions, decisions!!

is there a Mazda 3 touring 1.6 diesel and what's the price for a new one ?

what are they like for safety on the road vis a vis the Volvos or BMW's

thanks for the feedback folks. Did buy a mazda before in sept. That there not much left in yr or new model coming doesnt bother us. The move up 6 yr to new and bigger better model is what in mind. For what looks good deal. Will keep posted once talked to him tomorrow.

Back