New Houses At Castleknock Garden Centre

taytoman

Just wondering if anyone has a view on the new 3 and 4 bed semis that are being built on the site of the old castleknock garden centre, abutting onto the phoenix park racecourse development at one end and the castleknock gate estate at the other. The location appears to be v good in terms of public transport/ close to phoenix park, but would have some concerns that it is a bit removed from castleknock village area / maybe is a bit "souless" (no offence meant to anyone, I don't live in the area so I don't really know, just asking!!). Maybe someone living currently or in the past in the phoenix park racecourse development / castleknock area would have a "feel" for what the general area is like to live in... Thanks in advance, as I anticipate homes will be in the late 400Ks, so its a lot of money to spend.

I'm interested in these houses too. It's now been a year since they were originally meant to launch. I remember when I filled in the expression of interest form, it asked you to indicate the price range that you would be looking at - the range started at about 300k. It's hard to guess what the asking prices might be now. I suppose Bracken Park is the only other new development in the general area that might give us an indication.

The location beside the park is good. I haven't lived in that area, but it seems nice to me. I get what you say about it being soulless, but Castleknock village isn't really a buzzy place anyway. My concern would be access to schools - I'd have to go the wrong way in the morning to get to any of the Castleknock schools, which would be a pain. The schools on the Navan road are separated into boys and girls as far as I know, which is a no-no for us.

The bus service is excellent with a plethora of buses serving the Baggot St area , the 39a goes as far as UCD , there is also a train station on the Navan Road.
Castleknock village is very quiet but quite well served with 2 bars , 3 restaurants , takeaways , a post office , a deli , a Spar , dental services & doctors , Ashtown provides similar services nearby.
The park is a great amenity as is the Royal Canal walk , all in all a pleasant area.

Yes, I remember the "what price would you like to pay" on the registration form, with a very wide range ! I suppose what I am wondering is it more Ashtown than Castleknock? I would guess that it is in the catchment area of Brigids in Beechpark in castleknock (primary) and castleknock community school (secondary) in Carpenterstown, but I don't know for sure

I would expect these to be expensive. You'd have to check with the schools website to see the catchment of the schools. Big demand and waitlists in many schools. That whole area is bad for traffic at peak. That includes the buses. You'd have to to test your potential routes at 8am and 5.30pm on a Tuesday or such to get a feel for it.

Other the above I would say its a great area/location. You're not in the village, or near schools so they'll all be a bus or a car journey away. As it is in much of D.15. However Cycling and the train avoids all the issues of traffic.

I got an email about this development the other day - they are on sale, firstly to those who registered their interest. 3 beds are from €490k, and 4 beds from €600k. The new central bankrules mean a deposit of €120k for the 4 beds! Rules me out anyway. I'm still going to go and have a look later this week. I thought that there was going to be more 4 beds than 3 beds, but it doesn't look that way on the plans that I've seen.

Latest info I have from Hooke and McDonald is that they are not launching any more houses until next year

Back