New hoover needed....

i would definitely NOT recommend a dyson - we got one coz i'd heard great things about it, but i am quite regretting it now:

- the head is big and cumbersome and difficult to maneuver into those tricky corners. it has wheels attached (how heavy is a hoover head that it needs wheels!?) and my hair (which is v. long and prone to shedding) keeps getting tangled up in the wheels.

- the hose is attached to the body in a fixed position - unlike other hoovers i've had which swivels round in a complete circle - so if i turn any corners or leave the body too far behined, the hose kinks (the hose material is lighter than other hoovers i've had which lends itself to kinking).

- the telescopic handle keeps un-telescoping itself on me.

- when you take off the head to leave only the pipe (for hoovering into really small corners or at edges) there is still a big bulky attachment around the bottom of the pipe.

- you have to empty it out when it's full - not just take out a bag and throw it away - and dust goes everywhere.

yes, the suction is pretty good (though not as good as i had been expecting), but i would definitely trade it in for a smaller, easier to handle machine.

Also would vote for the Miele... have had it for several years and hasn't given me a second's trouble.

M

Back