New hoover needed....

onway

My hoover is on its last legs..!!!!Can anyone recommend a good one - not too expensive - just does the necessary!!!!!????

hard not to recommend a Miele but unfortunately they dont come cheap rumour has it they will last a lifetime have heard pretty mixed views on Dyson

Your timing is perfect. Aldi have a Cyclonic Bagless Compact Vacuum coming up this Sunday for E56. 3 year warranty

Murt

i have one of those little red henry hoovers. it is absolutely fantastic, would never buy any other type of hoover. they retail about £90 here in UK. We have used ours on property refurbs and it has had nothing but abuse but going still like a rocket ! most builders use them over here on jobs. the cheapie hoovers from argos are absolute rubbish, better to buy a decent one and it will last for years. the cheap ones tend to overheat when running for more than 20 minutes

if you're taking the hoover plunge I cannot recommend the dyson highly enough. We are currently re-wiring our house and the dust is everywhere, each evening I come in from work, take out my dyson and it sorts out the dust in no time. The suction on them are second to none and even though I used to get excited about shoes, I am thrilled with my dyson.

no i don't live in a mansion yet ! - live in a 4 bed 2 bath town house so two sets of stairs to hoover. i am impressed you could hoover a whole house properly in less than 20 mins ! under the beds, along the skirtings, between the bannisters and so on ! or else clubwoman! is like wonderwoman! instead. maybe you should be called wonderman instead of clubman!

Your timing is perfect. Aldi have a Cyclonic Bagless Compact Vacuum coming up this Sunday for E56. 3 year warrantyhttp://

Don't buy the Vacuum cleaner from Aldi. I bought a similar product from them last year. A load of crap. They look great but you will NOT get a good long lasting vacuum cleaner for €56. Stick with a reputable brand and expect to pay about €200.

recently purchased a Dyson Origin 07, reduced to around the 200 mark with 5yr guarantee, best suited to carpeted house, great piece of kit

The Miele Cat & Dog gets my vote. Very effective, especially for getting dust/lint/fluff off fabrics like sofas, curtains, etc. It's a bit heavy, though, which is a pain if you've to hoover the stairs.

If buying a vacuum cleaner that needs bags, I'd suggest you stock up on a year's supply of bags at the time, as I can't count the number of times I've bought the wrong bags, particularly those generic-brand ones that claim to fit multiple brands but never seem to quite fit the one you own.

I have to agree that Henry is the best, my mother had one for years, and there was no contest when I got my own place, Henry wins hands down

Have a Miele cat & dog, but a word of warning - it is very sensitive to dust created by decoration (i.e. from rubbing down walls, etc). This will create havoc with both the HEPA filter and motor itself as aI found out a few months ago. In our case, the motor packed in, but Miele replaced it FOC, even though it was out of warranty. Can't complain about that.

In my experience Dysons are terrible. Constantly pieces falling off, bits not working- piece of plastic crap. Sure the suction is good, but thats not much comfort when you can't go more than two steps without something falling off. Am on my second ( first was replaced by shop when it burnt out after two months)- will never buy one again. When cleaner comes she brings her own hoover because mine is so annoying. My dad has a Nilfisk which has got to be more than 20 years old and is still running well.

We have a Dyson....But I can't really comment on how good it is as I can't remember the last time I used it......;)

Just bought a Miele S5210 - their most basic model. It's truly brilliant. Retails at about €190.

Back