New Higher Education Places

lmipwis

I heard on the news today that Minister O'Keeffe is introducing new 3rd level places from September, including Masters. Does anyone know where I can find out if I'm eligible, please?

My circumstances are that I will be on JB for 10 months this coming September. I want to do a Masters in Computing and have been offered a place - 1-year full-time taught.

I have the stamped letter from FAS saying that they recommend further education - FAS Lady very supportive!

The problem is that under BTEA I can't do a Masters, I could do a HDip in Computing but that's really not as beneficial for my job prospects as the Masters. I struggle to understand why this restriction is imposed - both courses take the same time and I get a much better qualification in a 'government-desirable field; i.e. technology / ICT'!

Is there ANY way I can get my SW payments continued for this one year. I am a single parent to one child and badly need this support. A council grant of 3k for the year won't get us to Christmas! HELP!!!!

Back