New Carbon Tax on Houses

mattdo

I just heard about a new carbon tax they are suppose to be putting on houses relative to the amount of fuel that you use and how energy efficient your house is.
Does anybody know about this?

Thanks

No, but I predicted it as soon as I heard about the Building Energy Assessment Certificate legislation.

ONQ

In the same manner as the Greens have cost the country €1 billion a year in reducing the Motor Tax, they will be working on a plan to reciprocate this with a multiplying factor.

It will be interesting to see how one will be able to get out of this Tax ??

Undertake not to have more than one shower a week?

Smelly solution.

ONQ.

In the same manner as the Greens have cost the country €1 billion a year in reducing the Motor Tax, they will be working on a plan to reciprocate this with a multiplying factor.

It will be interesting to see how one will be able to get out of this Tax ??

any facts/stats/sources/logic for this claim? didn't think the Greens had reduced the Motor Tax. The worldwide recession hasn't impacted on car sales at all then it's the change in motor tax from cc to emissions in Ireland that has led to mergers and closures of car manufacturers from Detroit to Nagasaki?

It's a billion that this country needs. Very few people rely on the cost of a car Tax when purchasing a new car . It may be an incentive but not the overall cost of a new car or not.

i'm struggling to understand what you're saying.

are you saying that the move from cc to emissions based motor tax has reduced the motor tax take by a billion in 1 year?

again some source for this would be useful.

Not 1 Year -- every year since the changes.

Well documented, airwaved and talked about already.

Not 1 Year -- every year since the changes.

Well documented, airwaved and talked about already.

I dont believe this for a second, you have an obligation to prove your point, if you believe it to be true.

Where is the documentation which shows that, if car sales remained the same year on year that the car tax take would reduce by 1b a year.

As was said before, if you are blaming the change in car tax calculation from ccs to emission for the 77% drop in car sales, then you are in cuckoo land.

I think this may all be at cross purposes.
More people buying lower emission cars will be rewarded with having to pay lower annual car tax.
Think of all the TSI 1.4 litre golf and 1.5DCI Qashqais you see on the road;
€150 a year road tax.
Old 1.8L E200 Kompressor Mercs sold before the changoever - €600 per year
Current 2.0L E200 Kompressor Mercs - €1,000 per year
[Correct me if I'm wrong on this alst one]
As a more and more cars before more fuel-efficient and more people buy them, they will be rewarded.
The benefit to the exchequer in terms of balance of payments is a net improvement as we reduce our dependence on foreign-sourced fuels.
Unfortunately there is an offset downside in the short term in that the amount of fuel used reduces, thereby reducing the overall tax take.

Don't worry this will be a short term phenomenon.
When we're all driving around in rapeseed oil fuelled diesels, the tax will be put back on, so we'll have less dependence on oil but be paying more tax.

LOL!

ONQ

1.2 billion in china 1 billion in india 4 million in little old ireland, why ? when the country is barely surviving economical, are we bringing these taxes in.i wonder are they doing the same in poland , latvia,check republic, etc, I think not.Im on average wages if they bring in house tax and carbon tax i would be better off on the dole to avoid them.greens are good in principle,but i dont think they are going to get us out of this mess.
we cant tax out of this its only common sense,people will go back to cash in hand ,paying less tax,thus less services,thus less work ,and we start all over again.I KNOW ITS HARD BUT GREEN POLICYS WONT WORK

As was said before, if you are blaming the change in car tax calculation from ccs to emission for the 77% drop in car sales, then you are in cuckoo land.

I didn't say that. The point I made was that it was costing the economy €1 billion a year in the Motor Tax reduction. It needn't take rocket Science to know that Motor sales could not have been maintained at the level that they were at in the mid 00s.

Back