new car/my entitlements

• Thread starter tonybarry16
  • Start date
T

tonybarry16

Im new here so what I want to ask maybe answered already so if it is I do apoligise.

I bought a car in september on finance. A couple of days later my wife lost her job I then was thinking I wont have enough money to pay for it. I might be wrong but I thought that I had 14 days grace that if I decided to return the car I could. I was told I didnt have that right by the garage but I am not so sure. If anybody here could clear this up then please reply.

Also guys how can u track a new owner of a car you used to own..

Thanks

You have a 10 day cooling off period from a finance agreement but you would have had to sign the waiver of that in order to take receipt of the car. You cannot just take a new car drive it for 14 days and give it back without a penalty. If you look to clear the finance now you will pay back more than you borrowed as interest will be added on. Contact your bank for a settlement if you wish. But it will cost you at least a few thousand to get out.

As regards tracing a new owner there isnt really anyway i know of, perhaps someone else could help you with this.

Back