New business startp v jsa

Snape

Hi,

Im thinking of starting a business, a Ltd company.
Currently im on Jsa, working randomly with the 1 company depending on when Im needed, usually 2/3 days per week.

Once I register the new company name . . even though trading prob wont start for 6 weeks or so, what is the position of my Jsa? Will I lose it immediately, or only when i start trading, or indeed get paid from my new company.

Any advice much appreciated.

You could possibly apply for the short term enterprise allowance?
See welfare.ie for additional info:
1.1 Description of Scheme
The Short Term Enterprise Allowance (STEA), for which provision was made in the Supplementary Budget of 7th April 2009, was introduced from 1st May 2009. In response to the growing numbers on the Live Register, it was decided to re-focus resources devoted to the Back to Work programme towards helping people into self-employment in order to support enterprise and create employment opportunities. This new scheme was designed to provide immediate support for someone who loses their job and qualifies for Jobseeker’s Benefit (JB) but wants to start a business, provided it is approved by a Partnership company or a Departmental Facilitator. A person working part-time and claiming JB is not eligible for the scheme.
It provides an incentive to recipients of Jobseeker’s Benefit to avail of self-employment opportunities by allowing them to retain their appropriate Jobseeker Benefit rate. The maximum duration of the allowance is the same as if the person remained on Jobseeker’s Benefit until entitlement expires; i.e. 234 days or 312 days, depending on the number of contributions paid.

Hi, Im thinking of starting a business, a Ltd company.Currently im on Jsa, working randomly with the 1 company depending on when Im needed, usually 2/3 days per week.

Why don't you apply for the Back to work enterprise allowance http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/JobseekerSupports/BackToWork/EnterpriseAllowance/Pages/ea.aspx - you get to keep your JA for 2 years - 100% year 1 and 75% year 2 and you can set up your company and earn as well. You can also retain medical card, mortgage/rent allowance etc, fuel allowance.

That's what I'm doing and it works out great - the payment from DSFA pops into my bank account each saturday and you don't need to sign on or go to post office to collect, sign off for hols and all that inconvenient stuff...

Back