New build - Dunmore East - reasonable offer?

S

ssocks

I'm on the lookout for a new house at the moment, might not be a great time to buy/might be a great time to buy - who knows but we would like to move within the next little while so looking now.

The houses we are looking at specifically at the moment are these

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=437990

4 bed , new build, detached in Dunmore East, Waterford.
They are priced at 330k and from what I could find online they were first released back in 2006 and were priced at 430k then.
What I'm looking for some advice on is what people would start off an offer at based on 330 asking price in the current times - the estate agent said the developer "is keen to get rid of them" so I'm sure an offer might be considered.
There are no other new builds in the area, and very few housing estates so hard to compare locally.

2006 was bubble peak. Economic studies highlight peak to trough property bubble busts in the region of 60%+. Therefore would suggest 40% of 430k. Cannot imagine demand in the waterford region would be strong given recent high profile lay offs. Mindsets need to adjust to pre 2002 prices - 172k could even be viewed as expensive by that criteria.

Perhaps also check out that the nearby effluent problem has been resolved! YUK!

[broken link removed]

From Waterford myself , was browsing properties in Dunmore recently , there are a number of more attractive properties available at comparable prices !
Could I suggest that a visit to the various Estate Agents in Waterford might be a good idea.
There is a firm , whose name escapes me at the moment , in Lombard Street which has a number of Dunmore houses for sale.

Thanks all.....
We aren't really set on on Dunmore East but do want a new development (savings won't strech to stamp duty as well as deposit). There's not much option say between the city and Dunmore East (that side of things) of new developements.

We did hear something very interesting today - apparently the original builder from them went into receivership, and apparently things are very touch and go for the developer so that probably puts another spin on things. We might hang on a little bit longer before making any offers and see what happens there. Presume if the developer goes into receivership even lower offers than we would have originally thought might be considered?

we nearly bought one of those houses in 2006, at the peak. so relieved now that we didn't. the gardens are tiny in some of the houses and parts of the estate are like a ghost town. has the apartment block been finished? it was abandoned the last time i was out there and looks like such an eyesore. the house itself is lovely and has a good layout. i would bargain hard on it but it is preferable (in my opinion) to some of the newer estates in the city.

Back