New bathroom and small kitchen for apartment - recomendations

elcato

Just wondering has anyone got a good recomendation for a bathroom and kitchen supplier in Dublin.
The Kitchen would be just 6 foot 6 in length along a side wall of a living room to accomadate oven/hob, sink and fridge. I would be open to having a small hob and oven to allow for space limitation.
The bathroom would be straight forward shower, basin and WC and is 7 foot by 4 foot.
I know I could go up to IKEA for kitchen but I presume they would be packed on weekends. I value time here so busy places that would require me to call in would not suit but perhaps online selection and then a viewing would be cool. Tea and biscuits would be nice also :)

I'm in a similar boat at present.

I got fed up with online planners and the like. So measured up the space, noting plumbing and electrical fittings, where window and doors are. My plan being to call to a couple of suppliers show them my sketch & go from there.

So far I've been to cash & carry - quick, efficient, did up a drawing and price in 30 mins.
IKEA require you to make appointment online - tried to ring and was told to go to website - no dates for several weeks.
I haven't yet decided who my third quote is going to come from.

re bathroom - find a good plumber/handyman and get them to fit for you. B&Q were very competitive on tile prices. Chadwicks I found good for bathroom suites. If you go to these show rooms, you'll find yourself being sold a lot of (in my opinion) unnecessary flashware. Visitors rarely if ever see your upstairs bathroom. Put the flashy stuff in the down stairs loo! ;)

Will the kitchen be a separate room or is it a corner of a main room?
If it's a separate room, a sliding door is a neat solution - means it doesn't swing back into the main room.

I got my kitchen from http://ecointeriors.ie/ Found them good, but not cheap. I did a good bit of looking around for bathrooms, I found a place off the Longmile Road in D.22 called The bathroom Factory Store, Unit 3 Robinhood Rod D.22. Phone 01 4600300. Found them very good and very reasonable. The guy told me they used to supply trade but now open to public. (got kitchen and BR done together in 2013). I also used a tile supplier for both BR and kitchen called Project Tile over in Unit B Damastown. Ph 8218478. Again, good quality product, but not cheap. PS No connection to any of these firms.

+1 on ecointeriors.

I've bought quite a bit of ceramics, lamps, mirrors, and in-wall cisterns here:

http://www.reuter.de/

Significantly cheaper than in Dublin, even taken into account any delivery costs.
Of course requires that you know exactly what you need.

I must declare that this is my friend's dad co...Award Kitchens and Bathrooms...but they've done work or me and my mam also plus a neighbour. Really detailed planning and great ideas

Back