never ending story

C

car

Okay, here are the rules for the game.

1. You can post as many times as you want, but must wait until at least 3 other people have posted before you post again.
2. You continue with the sentence fragment from the prior post, followed by up to 2 complete sentences, and finish with your own sentence fragment.

I suggest that you do not quote the prior story post. Also turn your signature off for posts in this topic to make the story easier to read. Simply pick up where the prior poster left it and go from there. That's it! You're free to take the story in any direction, add characters, change the environment, twist the plot... the entire purpose of the game is to see where things
end up.

Without further ado... the story begins.

I had arranged to meet her in a bar off grafton street at about 8pm. She still hadnt arrived by half past and the strange looking guy at the end of the bar with the briefcase was showing more then a passing interest, I asked him what was he looking at. He replied....

ending story

....and he replied ' Not fu-k--ng much'

end of 'never ending story !!!!

Re: ending story

and the strange looking guy at the end of the bar with the briefcase was showing more then a passing interest, I asked him what was he looking at. He replied....

"Of all the bars in all the towns you had to walk into this one. The name's McDowell - Michael McDowell - and you're under arrest for suspicion of having too much drink taken. You have the right to remain silent..."

Without further a do, the barman winked and said "the streets in Irkutsk have no double-yellow lines". Codes exchanged, the two men jumped into an inconspicuous Red Bull promotional car and headed off towards ...

Without further a do, the barman winked and said "the streets in Irkutsk have no double-yellow lines". Codes exchanged, the two men jumped into an inconspicuous Red Bull promotional car and headed off towards ...

.....The Dail, where odd looking men with briefcases can gather without being questioned by people at the bar, unless they are at a tribunal. When they arrived, the saw the oddest looking one of all and said, "Bertie, when are you going to......."

... take the credit for the recent spell of good weather?" Bertie, with his customary modesty dismissed the idea. The one named McDowell eventually persuaded Bertie to use his great achievement with the weather to deflect criticism concerning his weakness in dealing with the unions. To Matt Cooper he said "...

the story

... arent I after arranging for the lads to build a mickey mouse theme park to alleviate the job losses on de nortside, sure at the very least we can put a stadium in one of the corners of the shaggin thing. Lawlor apparently is looking after the sewerage for the thing, Matt interrupts and asks Bertie, what kind of sewerage?, Bertie gets flustered and replies...

the story

... arent I after arranging for the lads to build a mickey mouse theme park to alleviate the job losses on de nortside, sure at the very least we can put a stadium in one of the corners of the shaggin thing. Lawlor apparently is looking after the sewerage for the thing, Matt interrupts and asks Bertie, what kind of sewerage?, Bertie gets flustered and replies...

...."You'll have to ask my new press secretary, Alastair Campbell. Nice fella dat. Recently became available" With that, Campbell pipes up.....

...and then...

...a wee tune on his newly purchased tin whistle.

Meanwhile in the dark back-streets, masked men are gathering. They are large, mean and evil looking. Mother's hurry small children home, as in one voice the men begin to chant......

...and then...

..."We are the... - wheeze! - ...Irish Hospitality Industry Alliance. We... - cough, cough! - ...are the... - choke, splutter! - ...We're only concerned with [more gasping for breath] ... employment ... compromise..." Then around the corner came...

...and then.

....Michael Martin. "What is this word 'compromise,' you talk of? We in Fianna Fail have never heard of this word. Do any of you have a light?" While slowly inhaling, Michael spots Martin Cullen. "This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language," he says,"that guy is.........

Re: ...and then...

Then around the corner came...

... a mob of Shamrock Rovers supporters who, goaded on by what they considered to be the provocative way in which the tin whistle was being played and a 2-1 defeat to arch-rivals Bohemians, pelted the assembled throng with rocks and bottles. The Gardaí meanwhile stood idly by having failed to keep the mob back after full time as promised. In the meantime...

dreamland

... a mob of Shamrock Rovers supporters who, goaded on by what they considered to be the provocative way in which the tin whistle was being played and a 2-1 defeat to arch-rivals Bohemians, pelted the assembled throng with rocks and bottles. The Gardaí meanwhile stood idly by having failed to keep the mob back after full time as promised. In the meantime...

....Clubman woke up. He took off his green and white striped pyjamas and got ready for the day ahead. Little did he know that waiting outside for him was.....

TV psychosis...

... a strange but amusingly childish little man who psychotically believed that TV was reality and that his vision of reality was all that counted. He mumbled on incomprehensibly about far flung cities and their sportsmen and tried to undermine those with alternative views to his own. Most people ignored him and preferred to concentrate instead on ...

Re: TV psychosis...

....the line up for Celebrity Farm. They wondered after the Cabin Fever fiasco would the farm be wrecked in an early September down pour. No one could have known what was about to happen, for on the third day a randy male pig ....

rose of tralee

..brought the rose of tralee from last year, the one with the longford/italian/donnybrook/slovakian accent, to conrad gallaghers new restaraunt/art gallery. Conrad was cooking the food out the back on an easel. As Conrad was short of a few quid he had to let the cameras in to film a documentary about how he took on 10 ex cons to train as chefs. The shocking new documentary caught conrad cooking such culinary delights as...

Re: rose of tralee

the convicts ran for their lives back to the 'Joy where they would at least get a decent meal. Of course, poor Conrad was never the same after that dreadful accident in New York in which his...

Re: rose of tralee

...bags were examined at JFK after it was discovered that 6 prints that had hung in the arrivals lounge had gone missing.
By some accident they had fallen in to his bag.
Police investigating the incident estimated that the prints had an estimated street value of $48 .

At this stage Conrad who was so ashamed decided to ...

never ending ...

make it up to the official / bouncer by propositioning him. The bouncer graciously declined and went straight to the newspapers to sell his story. Conrad discussed the matter with Dunphy, on his new talk-show, and declared "I was a bit tired and emotional, I am a strictly crumpet man and have never ...

Re: never ending ...

> I am a strictly crumpet man and have never ...

been offside. Dunphy losing interest in the coversation let his eyes wander around Gallaghers grotty studio flat settling on what looked like a Da Vinci. Gallaher noticed and said....

Back