Netbook Samsung N145JP02UK - Comments before I buy please?

fizzelina

Hi, I want to buy a netbook later and so I don't want to use laptopsdirect.ie although I read on other threads here that they are good. Also other threads mention Samsung as a good make. I can get the Samsung N145JP02UK in Power City today for €299 (€319 in DID Electrical) and my query is has anyone any comments on that one / experience of it. It is for a guy who will use it for web surfing (carzone!), you tube viewing videos and storing photos, nothing heavy at all. The spec is Samsung 10inch 1gb 250 Hdd Netbook
Atom N450 (1.66ghz) Processor
10.1inch Superbright Led Display
1gb Ram
250gb Hard Disk Drive
Anti-shock Disk Drive Mechanism
Wifi N For Fast Broadband
Built In Web Cam And Mic
Up To 10 Hours Battery Life
Windows 7 Starter

Should I however go for Windows XP? And is a 10.1 inch screen big enough really?

Very standard netbook spec. It will be absolutely fine for surfing the web, word processing etc. Do not expect it to be able to decode video, manipulate photos, play games or other cpu/graphic intensive activities.

10.1 inch screen is fine but personally I would lean towards 11.6 or 13.1 if I was buying a new computer.

the 10ins is ideal for travel,its light has good battery power and takes up very little space,go for it.

i have a laptop and a netbook. The netbook while being mobile and handy, just doesnt match up to the bigger screened laptop. When my kids are over there's a row ove who gets the laptop..

thanks for the comments guys, I got the N145 and he's delighted with it. It's big enough to view web pages and light enough to carry easily around and so far I'm impressed with it and the battery power.

Back