Neighbours House Sale Agreed for over a Year Now.

IsleOfMan

There is a house on the road where I live that has been "sale agreed" for over a year now. The garden is completely overgrown, rubbish filled with hedges growing out over the public footpath. I see foxes coming from the garden.

Who owns the house at this stage?

The house had been rented for several years prior to this. It looks completely abandoned.

Last night I saw two young people in a beat up car having a look at the property at about 3 a.m.

Check the property price register to see if the sale has completed yet.
There's really nothing nothing you can do except report any suspicious activity to the gardai.
House sales can be stuck in complex legal issues for long periods of time like probate, difficult vendors/purchasers, boundary issues, planning etc.
There's no rule for how long a house sale takes to go through, it can vary hugely.

There is a house on the road where I live that has been "sale agreed" for over a year now.
"sale agreed" is a marketing term used by estate agents and has no legal significance.

Check the property price register to see if the sale has completed yet.
If a sale has gone through you can check the folio on landdirect.ie for €5 and this will tell you the names of the new owners. I think it can take a few weeks to update though.

If there are issues with you can perhaps try to contact them.

There is a house on the road where I live that has been "sale agreed" for over a year now. The garden is completely overgrown, rubbish filled with hedges growing out over the public footpath. I see foxes coming from the garden.

Who owns the house at this stage?

The house had been rented for several years prior to this. It looks completely abandoned.

Last night I saw two young people in a beat up car having a look at the property at about 3 a.m.
It could be stuck on Probate or part of a contested Will/Estate.

There was a house near me like that for years. We used to cut the grass and tidy up the front garden of the house when we were cutting the grass in our own front gardens.

Back