Neighbours cat doing its No 2 on my lawn and in my flower beds

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is dreadful advice.

And you know nothing about animals if you think an owner can stop a cat doing anything. I had a half dead mouse in my house today as a gift from our cat, perhaps i should report it to the dspca and they can give the cat a stern warning. Maybe he'll listen to them.

+1

'I have not suggested or posted anything cruel with regards to the cat..
Im not here to annoy anyone or have arguements with anyone.The OP asked a question and I gave my 2 cents worth.
Good afternoon to everyone'.:)[/QUOTE]

Do you not think that trapping a cat in anticipation of the DSPCA giving it a stern warning is cruel (along with being completely absurd)? Anyone who loves cats will tell you that one of their defining characteristics is that they can't be controlled by anyone.

I suppose that it would be considered poor form to suggest giving the cat a root in the backside and sailing him over the fence and back into his own garden!!

I thought so.......... :D

I saw someone do that in the past (at a BBQ) and the cat got lifted about 3 feet clean off the ground into the air.

Do you not think that trapping a cat in anticipation of the DSPCA giving it a stern warning is cruel (along with being completely absurd)? Anyone who loves cats will tell you that one of their defining characteristics is that they can't be controlled by anyone.

And what about anyone who doesnt want their neighbours cat constantly pooping in their garden and flowerbeds,ruining the garden and who is sick and tired of having to constantly clean up cat poop and dispose of it.
What about those people who are also good decent folk aswell??

I think that is a fair question to ask.Again Im not argueing with you or anyone else here.Just trying to understand it from the OPs side of things and many other folk too.

We are lucky in that we dont have problems with cats or cat poop in our gardens.
I had a pervious slight problem in the past with a neighbours cat pooping every day in the garden of my 1st house as a homeowner but where we bought and live nowadays we have no such problems...Thank God.

I always wear gloves when in my lawn - between dogs let off around the estate where I live and cats all over the place - You just don't know what you're touching.

Sound advice Sister :)

I wouldnt want to be falling out with my neighbours over a bit of cat poo, very poor form and one should bear in mind that people need to remain in good terms with their neighbours because one never knows the day or night we may need them to help us.

I have the same problem with cat poo, I have not found a spray yet that works, not even jays fluid.

we have the same issue with our neighbours on one side. our cats use their garden occassionally. We have tried our hardest but there's really nothing we can do other than run in to clean it up. its not helped by the fact that other cats in the neighbourhood also use it too.

My husband made a good point saying how we should call over with a box of live baby rats and release them back into their garden since our cats catch them from there all the time.

I hate my neighbours dogs going to the toilet in my garden, but at the end of the day humans don't have sole ownership over all land and have to share with nature - and sh*t happens!

If the worst problem someone has to deal with is using gloves when doing their garden, then they are doing ok. You see so many horrific threads here where people have violent and abusive neighbours making every minute of their day a misery.

On the whole i think my neighbours are doing ok, since we are good neighbours 99% of the rest of the time!

I suppose that it would be considered poor form to suggest giving the cat a root in the backside and sailing him over the fence and back into his own garden!!

I thought so.......... :D

now, now Brendan, NOBODY else was thinking the same! ;)

I find letting a roar at them followed by the threat of a drowning from a jug of water sufficient discouragement! But, of course, only when I'm at home.

There were posts on here before on this issue and I learnt from that there is one thing that might work, one of those water guns. But people went mad on here as they considered it cat cruelty. So I guess like yourself the neighbour needs to 'threaten' the water. In cat language.

With regards to the trees alot of them have been cut back and/or removed by various CCs due to damage to footpaths,damage to walls and road surfaces,damage to cars parked along the streets in parking bays,damage to powerlines and blocking steetlight illumination at nightime.Trees are also removed when they present themselves as a trip hazzard to people who walk on the pathways.

Pollarding the trees can only do so much before they have to be removed for health and safety reasons.

All this healthy and safety malarkey. Pollarding works well in my experience. It's standard procedure here. By the CC's. When I paid for it myself though it does cost a lot, but the trees are even more magnificent.

One of my neighbours in Ireland used to sneak over to our garden when we were out to cut 'his' hedge. He left us the clippings.

Sadly nearly dead due to a severe frost a few years ago.

A dog..............

Actually that doesn't work, my cat used to chase a neighbours dog around his garden and he was yapping like mad. Not sure what the neighbours did to our cat but I suspect water came into it.

I saw someone do that in the past (at a BBQ) and the cat got lifted about 3 feet clean off the ground into the air.

I'm sure you were suitably pleased by this act of savagery. You seem to have a vendetta against our feline friends - not that you'd ever admit it to yourself. After all, you keep repeating that you're not interested in arguing with anyone - even though you've posted about 10 posts defending your absurd position re. a bit of cat poo. It always amazes me how we - as a species - consistently fail to see the type of people we are. Our failure to recognise the origins of our disputatious nature, often results in displaced anger being directed at the 'other' - in this case, the feline fraternity.

I'm sure you were suitably pleased by this act of savagery. You seem to have a vendetta against our feline friends - not that you'd ever admit it to yourself. After all, you keep repeating that you're not interested in arguing with anyone - even though you've posted about 10 posts defending your absurd position re. a bit of cat poo. It always amazes me how we - as a species - consistently fail to see the type of people we are. Our failure to recognise the origins of our disputatious nature, often results in displaced anger being directed at the 'other' - in this case, the feline fraternity.

Please read the entire thread carefully before making false,unfounded and slanderous accusations about me and against me.

Thanks.

Edited,post was to Bronte about the hedgerow.

Dig a small area, say 1m x 1m, in a corner of the garden and leave it grass free.
Cats prefer to cover their droppings and this area will be more attractive to them because it's easier to scratch.

This time next year you will have a wonderfully fertilised flower bed. Buy a trowel if you don't want to plant it with bare hands.
Then move on to another corner for the following year.

Give the neighbour a bunch of flowers and the cat a bowl of cat biscuits.

All this healthy and safety malarkey. Pollarding works well in my experience. It's standard procedure here. By the CC's. When I paid for it myself though it does cost a lot, but the trees are even more magnificent.

One of my neighbours in Ireland used to sneak over to our garden when we were out to cut 'his' hedge. He left us the clippings.

Sadly nearly dead due to a severe frost a few years ago.

Well Fingal CC removed a alot of nice semi mature maple and popular trees from a nice housing estate area of Swords after a few women complained that it was unsafe to walk on the pathways at night due to the street light illumination being blocked by the trees.Fingall CC acted upon the complaints and removed quite alot of nice trees,to the absolute disgust of the residents.They left the tree stunmps sticking up about 18 inches and have yet to replant with any new younger trees.

What type of hedgerow was/is it?

There are certain times of the year that is a good time to target prune and clip specific hedges in order for them to maintain healthy growth and shape year on year,also with an eye on the weather conditions too..

Idealy you want the domestic garden hedgerow to have about 8-10 inches of soft growth and not thick woody stem.
We prune our hedgerows just before March 1st and just after August 31st each year.This is to allow for nesting birds to nest in the hedgerows and in line with the wildlife act,even though domestic gardens are not covered by the act.

Speaking of the garden,time for me to get out there and plant all my various allium bulbs.Bought in alot of Allium Globemaster,Summer Drummer,Ambassador and alot of Camassia too.

Nice weather out there too.
Have a good morning Bronte.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back