Neighbour for the birds! Wants me to get rid of nest

Unlikely to be a dead chick. Usually any dead chicks will be pushed out of the nest altogether. It could be smelly jocks ?

Ha ha....have eliminated smelly jocks from the equation and the smell is still there but its beginning to go away now. the nest is right up under the roof tiles (we can't see it..only see the parents going in and out) so even if they push the dead guy out he's still under our roof.

Janeom

The only way to ensure they dont come back again is to get chicken wire, roll it into cylinder shapes, and push up under every tile in the roof on that side of the house. A lot of work, and a bit expensive, (Woodies for the chicken wire) but the only way that works !

Heard noise in my sitting room, coupled with lots of stuff coming down the chimney and onto floor and discovered it would appear there is a nest in my chimney. I have not got one of those hat type things on chimney. Someone suggested that I get someone to clean the chimney and scupper the nest.

Have to say I was absolutely disgusted, would not do that while birds nesting. Anyone any idea how long it takes for nest to be flushed as will do it then.

Found a large group of maggots on the floor of my living room today...yuck, no idea where they came from, we are clean freaks here! Anyway, my wife noticed them falling down the chimney. I removed the chimney ballon (..this is a balloon that you place in your chimney to prevent heat loss) and there must have been a few hundred of them. They are from a decaying bird that we used to hear from in the chimney a couple of months back. So, if I had a bird in my chimney I would look to get it out ASAP. Getting the chimney sweep to come tomorrow to give it the once over.

Back