Need to connect 1/2" pipe to water filter (6mm?)

OhPinchy

I have a water filter installed that was connected to my mains by a self-drilling fitting that was clamped onto the 1/2" qualpex and then screwed in so that it cut into the pipe and made a seal.

When installing a dishwasher recently the fitting must have gotten a pump as the screw-in seal started leaking. I have now disconnected it and just replaced it with a 1/2" compression t-junction fitting and blanked one exit on it.

I need to join the 1/2" pipe to the water filter pipe with a permanent connection. I think the water filter pipe is 6mm (to confirm should I measure internal or external diameter?). The water filter pipe is terminated with a push-fit straight connector (i.e. pushes onto the pipe and at the other end has a female screw fitting).

I think a 1/2" to 6mm reducer straight coupler would do the job but Chadwicks didn't have one and couldn't really help so I'd like to try and confirm if I'm looking for the right thing and any ideas on where to get it (online would be fine) are much appreciated.

You would need a 1/4" push fit connector linked to a 1/2 connection, or maybe a washing machine valve with an extra John Guest 3/4" female to 1/4" push fit connector.

Top companies in Ireland that have these ...

Water Source in Dublin

Smart Water Solutions in Roscommon

Purotech in Limerick

Galway Water Solutions in Athenry

Ecotech in Galway City

Glenco in Meath

Waterfix in Waterford

If they are push fit its the OD ( external diameter ) you are looking for. I have a range of them here so if you PM me I will post you on one.

Back