Need for a career break or not ..Help

mrsogara

I need to know where i can get information regarding leave entitlements etc. for the public service. I'm currently on maternity leave in the extended unpaid part of and due to return to work within weeks however I am and have been suffering with anxiety and am not ready to go back ...the thoughts of returning are just making matters worse. I was thinking of taking a career break but my husband doesn't think i should make such a hasty decision just yet for obvious reasons, I agree. Anyone else been in this position?

Have you taken all the parental leave you are entitled to? This may give you some breathing space.

I haven't thought of that..have no idea what i'm entitled to and if i can take after maternity leave?

If you're dreading going back to work this much then you probably wont be doing yourself,your colleagues or the general public(if your public sector job brings you into contact with) any favours at all by going back.
Can you be considered for early retirement?

I haven't thought of that..have no idea what i'm entitled to and if i can take after maternity leave?

Your're entitled to apply for a career break or parental leave. Whether the career break is granted is down to the employer. Parental leave is a statutory entitlement but your work place may have rules as to how it applies.

I have someone coming back on a 4 day week taking one parental day per week on Mondays. She wanted Fridays first and I asked her to change to Mondays and she has said she's happy with that. No glenros.

Without discussing medical issues, what's causing the anxiety? Is it leaving the baby or the job itself?

Would you consider a 3 day week, with 2 days parental leave?

Back