Health Insurance Need better cover for everyday medical expenses than Laya Simply Connect

Mocame

I'll be renewing my health insurance soon and this year I reached the maximum claim for everyday medical expenses under my current policy (Laya Simply Connect) half way through the year. I am having a lot of expensive outpatient treatment at the moment that will go on for a year or two. My current policy only refunds a max of €500 per year for everyday medical insurance. Can anyone suggest a policy with better outpatient cover for the same price? Will I be covered immediately if I move?

Simply Connect Plus is €125 more expensive than Simply Connect, but it refunds up to €1000 per year for everyday expenses.
So if you think you will hit €1000 in refunds that's a €375 saving from switching.
All other cover appears to be the same, but suggest double checking below.

As far as I know there is no waiting period for such a limit when you upgrade.

Simply Connect Plus is €125 more expensive than Simply Connect, but it refunds up to €1000 per year for everyday expenses.
So if you think you will hit €1000 in refunds that's a €375 saving from switching.
All other cover appears to be the same, but suggest double checking below.

As far as I know there is no waiting period for such a limit when you upgrade.

Yep; we did that this year after confirming that there is no waiting period.

Simplicity is about €50 more expensive than Simply Connect Plus but refunds up to €7,650 . There is an initial excess of €100 but it's worth it if you are going to have expensive scans. Last year my husband was over the €1000 very quickly as he had a number of tests to do. So mid year I upgraded to Simplicity and they were all covered after paying the €100 excess.

Simplicity is about €50 more expensive than Simply Connect Plus but refunds up to €7,650 . There is an initial excess of €100 but it's worth it if you are going to have expensive scans. Last year my husband was over the €1000 very quickly as he had a number of tests to do. So mid year I upgraded to Simplicity and they were all covered after paying the €100 excess.
There's a distinction between outpatient limit and everyday medical expenses. I think most scans and tests fall under outpatient limit rather than everyday medical expenses?

Simplicity for Outpatient Policy Limit: €7,650;

Simply Connect Plus for Outpatient Policy Limit: €7,650; the maximum refund is €1,000 per member for everyday medical expenses.

I have Simply Connect plus; if you can try and have some control over where you have the scans it can help keep the excess down. GP referred me for a scan and sent the referral direct to Vincent’s private. When I checked this was only approved for 50% cover and this amount was to come off my outpatients excess. I was fully covered for both Affidea and Santry sports clinic. This had a direct payment agreement with Laya.
I went back to GP and asked for referral letter for Affidea and had the scan fully covered without affecting my outpatients excess

I upgraded from Simply Connect to the Plus this year for the same reason, I was anticipating a good few consultants visits and knew I'd go through the 500 too fast so for the extra bit of outlay it will pay off it I get to the full 1,000 or even most of the way there.

Back