Need Baptismal Cert and born in UK

slookie

HI all. I'm getting married later this year and after a brief meeting with the local priest, I have been informed that I need to get my baptismal cert. I was born in the UK, and christened there, but after 6 months moved back yo Ireland. Anyone know how I might go about getting this? I know the name of the village etc where I was christened. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Your local church in village where you lived - they should have the records of baptismal records.

My mother used to have my original UK birth certificate with a signed declaration on the back to say I was baptised, the date and signature of the minister. Failing that, as quinno said, contacting the church you were baptised in is probably the best way to go.

Do you have confirmation cert? We needed that too. Husband was baptised and confirmed in New Zealand. We got baptism cert ok from church where he was baptised but he was confirmed in the church at school and they weren't sure which year he was confirmed so they sent two certs to cover both years where he could have been confirmed. One was done by a cardinal so we chose that one!

First check that it isn't still at home because most people needed to have their baptismal cert before they were allowed make Holy Communion and Confirmation.

An old Baptism cert wont do as it has to be a reissued one within six months of getting married as this works as a letter of freedom to get married as everytime you get married (in a church) it will be logged on your baptism cert. If you contact the church - alot of churches now have websites so you could try putting in a search for it - or ringing international inquiries they will give you the number and they will forward cert to you they will be used to this type of request.

Back