Need advice on going to Disneyland orlando

Kev

In Feb or April I am thinking of taking my grandchildren 2 of them to disneyland orlando and also their parents will be with them also, dose anyone know what it will cost to do the trip for 14 days.

I have never been to Orlando but would love to see it with my grandchildren. There will be 3 adults one pensions age and 2 children 8 and 10

Any help would be grately appreciated.

If you are thinking of going in April, make sure it's after Easter week (ie mid-April onwards) as the parks are extremely busy during the Easter period. Because there are so many of you, a villa would probably be your best bet or a condo - we have stayed in Floridays (www.floridaysresortorlando.com) - they have 2 & 3 bedroom condos and I would highly recommend it (we're staying there again in March). You should check out www.thedibb.co.uk where you will find Disney/Orlando experts from UK & Ireland - they'll answer any question you can think up! :D

BTW - what a nice grandparent you are! ;)

Many thanks for your kind advice Ciadan - will have a look at the websites later this evening.:)

Kev,
Strongly recommend you book a villa (many have a private pool). Offers better flexibility and space as you probably wont do the parks every day. Around Kissimmee there are lots of villas (Google it) and only about 4 miles drive to Disney. Also recommend Sea World.
If going to Disney suggest you plan your campaign around what rides you want to experience. Q's can be long.

Enjoy

hi kev.
this is the best holiday idea ever.. i have been last nov and absolutly loved it. i no people previously recommended staying in a villa but can i please recommend staying on international drive. u will be right in the centre of everything.restaurants,shopping outlets which are amazing... international drive is 14 miles long, and there is a bus called the I RIDE going up and down all day long and dosnt stop til around 10pm. therefore if anyone gets tired which they prob will ha ha(lots of walking) they can hop on the I RIDE and head back to the hotel which is dead safe. Hotels on international drive are extremly cheap and for a group they are perfect. After all your out and about all day and are very rarley in the rooms only to sleep. also there are courtesy buses running to the parks at certain times in the mornings free of charge but the I RIDE tickets are very cheap. you can buy a 14 day ticket. cheap as chips. I can recommend the HOWARD JOHNSON where i satyed. had a pool, conscierge,perfect location, very clean,lovely staff,breakfast included all for 216 euro for 4 adults for 7 nights... (2 double beds) that worked out at roughly 54 euro each.also there is the quality hotel next door, also the sheraton points too. couldnt fault it. as for the tickets for the parks, you can buy them at the conscierge at the hotel and there are always good deals ie, buy 2 and get 1 free etc. this was the best holiday i was ever on. ul be totally blown away by magic kingdom and universal studios.. enjoy it.

ilovepink, many thanks for that kind advice. I am still in the process of getting dates etc. How far advance do you have to book the hotel before going to Orlando.

Hi Kev

7 of us went to Orlando in September, 1teen 6 adults. We rented a villa with a pool it was brilliant for such a large group, we had lots of room a pool, garage with pool table - location wise was fine and quiet but most of the villas are in complexes with little or nothing there - we were 1.5miles to the nearest foodstore - which is far in the heat - remember you will need to rent a car/van if you are staying in any of the villas as they are generally not close to anything in particular. Orlando is very spread out. If its only the Disney parks your interested in id recommend staying in Kissimee as its just by the parks- again if you rent a villa you will need a car - there is no public transport outside of international drive & the prime outlets. So if your not interested in that maybe consider a hotel, try its a site other people put up there experiences with hotels etc on it.
Hope this helps

Agree with previous posts re staying in Kissimmee - try booking on . We got a fine hotel in Kissimmee (3 pools, 2-storey, lotsa restaurants within walking distance) for $29 a night for a large double room (2 double beds) last November. Even basic motels also have fridges and microwaves - facilitates the drinks and warming up the doggie bags or take-away ethnic foods. Enjoy!

Back