Need advice on car troubles with 2017 Jag XE 2.0 auto diesel

GoldWings

I bought a 2017 Jag XE 2.0 auto diesel from a small dealership Nov 2022. It was a UK import. I bought a 2 yr Mapfre warranty as well. There was about 92k KM on the clock then. Within 6 months, the engine mounts went, so got them fixed.

The car was fully serviced when I bought it and I got it serviced again 9 months later, well in advance of it needing it.

There's 99k KM on the clock now. And a knocking sound in the engine.. the garage say it's the balance shaft and it needs a full engine rebuild. And they do not want to do it. They recommended some guy that's supposed to be good at this, but he's not Mapfre approved.. I don't like the sound of it.

They said something about JLR having a look at it and maybe doing something as a good will gesture. But it's a 6 yr old car. And I've no truck with JLR. The garage said they have a link to JLR and can get them to run diagnostics on my car..

I told the dealer I bought it from. And he's contacting Mapfre to find out more.

I'm not mechanically minded and never been in this situation before. I'm very confused and stressed with no car and the thoughts of the road ahead with this issue.

Any advice? (I looked at a company called Reject My Car, but I'm not sure my issue would be something they would take on)

Last edited:
You bought a 2-year warranty of some kind from MAPFRE. Ring them and get them to honour the terms of the warranty they sold you, whatever they are.

What dealer warranty did you get? I'm guessing none was documented, but they're not off the hook under consumer law.

I think
What dealer warranty did you get? I'm guessing none was documented, but they're not off the hook under consumer law.
Perhaps not but I suspect it would be difficult to pin the blame on them. They sold a five year old car which was trouble free for nine months.

The mapfre warranty is your best bet, depending on its terms and conditions.

Back