Need a new Vacuum cleaner asap.

remey

Hi,

Having searched through a good few threads, I think the most popular cleaner on AAM is the Miele. Can anyone further recommend on bagless or not? Also, not many reviews gave actual models and there seems to be a choice of a good few.
Need to buy one this week, as soon as possible as the other TWO we have are absolutely useless. Wouldnt like to spend too much on it but have to be realsitic if we want a good one so would appreciate your suggestions.
Thanks

Dyson all the way here. Have had ours about 4 years now suction still as good as when it was new. Its pretty much unbreakable to have lasted that long in this house. :)

Dyson all the way here. Have had ours about 4 years now suction still as good as when it was new. Its pretty much unbreakable to have lasted that long in this house. :)

Dyson here too - mine has a motorised brush bar - the carpet came up practicaly brand new :)

We have a Miele and its fantastic. Have it nearly 2 years and find the suction excellent. Its a bag one.

We have a nilfisk for more years than I care to remember:D Husband noticed that when the hose was disconnected from the vacuum the suction was fine, but when the hose and extension were re-connected the suction was drastically reduced. So we decided to buy a new hose, and voila, everything was fine. Turned out that the tiny hair like fibres inside the length of the hose were imploding when the vacuum was turned on, thus preventing a proper suction. Btw. we bought the hose, on condition that if the new hose didn't correct the problem we would be given a refund on the cost of the hose.

Hi Remy, I was in the same position last year needing new vacuum cleaner and was blinded by choice. I hope my input helps you to chose. I joined the www.which.co.uk website to check out what they had to say about vacuum cleaners. As a result I chose the Miele S5280 (€300 plus in Power City). It has very good suction and excellent filter so can extract dust and allergens from the air. The model I chose turned out to be a bit big for my house I think and the Miele S4210 (which received very good marks on the which.co.uk website) would have been lighter and more easily carried around wouldn't have cost as much. It was a toss between the two and I chose the bigger one, but plus side i guess i don't have to change the bag so often. Had to use it recently to hoover my back garden (yes!) after the pebble-dashing on back of house was replaced and the builder put down no protection anywhere. Was glad of the hoover then.

From memory the Miele cat and dog(?) has received plenty of praise on AAM.

I have an old Nilfisk and find it great. I don't use bags even though the machine is meant to have one fitted. Its a pain having to buy bags.

There have been a lot of complaints on AAM also about Dyson.

Miele S5210 is the model I have and am very pleased. 3 bed semi and I have mostly wooden/tiles flooring with carpet on stairs and landing. It's brilliant for the car and couches too. It's a bag one.
If you have pets I would go for the cat/dog one.

I just got a Dyson and I love it. I got it from vacumes.ie. and it was much cheaper than anywhere else

have a philips bagless one (like the dyson model).. works very well.. dont have carpet so not sure how effective it would be on carpet

Nilfisk G90 is my salvation. I have 2 of them (one for downstairs and one for up, I've a back problem) for more years than I care to remember

+1 for Miele. Esp the Cat & Dog. Brilliant suction and still going strong. Money well spent IMHO.

Used to have a dyson and the got the miele cat and dog hoover. absolutely brilliant - find it much better than the dyson was.

Back