Nearly 5k notices of termination in Q1 2024

Greenbook

Anyone seen this, nearly 5k notices of termination in January to March of this year

https://www.askaboutmoney.com/file:///C%3A/Users/Dell/Downloads/RTB_Quarterly_Bulletin_Q1_2024_(7).pdf (RTB Quarterly Bulletin Q1 2024)

Can’t open the link, but believe it given the number of people I have heard receiving their notice. The RTB has made the prospect of being a landlord unenticing. The profits are too low for the risk. Rent rises limited to 2%. All the while large US companies can buy in bulk and set rents high. Eye watering cheques are issued to hotels for many multiples of what they would receive if they operated for the tourist industry. Where’s the governance ?

Is the link working any better now?

Darragh O'Brien's 'tax break' for landlords is having little or no impact

Isn't that good news for those looking to buy a home - another 2,766 houses added to the market?

Surely that's no news at all - what would be news would be we are building xxxxx houses

4800 in Q1 versus the average of 4700 per quarter for the last two years. Maybe this is just the regular amount of churn in the market? And there were 17,000 new tenancies for the same period.

Almost 33k NoT's from Jul22 to Mar24, that's not good for people looking for a rental.

Anyone know if the new tenancies figures are for extra dwellings that came into the rental market? A new tenancy could just be a change of tenants in a property.

Almost 33k NoT's from Jul22 to Mar24, that's not good for people looking for a rental.

Anyone know if the new tenancies figures are for extra dwellings that came into the rental market? A new tenancy could just be a change of tenants in a property.
I was wondering about that too. I suspect many of these are new tenancies in the sense that the previous tenants left of their own accord and the property was re-let. It seems unlikely that nearly 100k entirely new properties entered the rental market in the 5 quarters covered and were let for the first time ever. If that had happened, the current lack of availability in the PRS would have improved significantly.

Back