NCT Test - audible warnings on indicators

antomack

My car is due for it's NCT in the next 2 months and I was wondering if anyone knows if the following would be a problem.

The audible warnings on the indicators and petrol gauge stopped working about 2 years ago and since I was quoted €250 + labour to get them fixed I left them. Anyone out there know if this would be a reason to fail the car in the NCT. Warning lights, indicators, etc. work fine it's just the 'tick' and 'buzz' that doesn't work.

Even if the tester spotted the problem, the car shouldn't have to go up on a ramp to check that you've fixed the problem, just a visual check.

Do nothing, do the test first, if it fails (which i thought it) you can get the car re-nct'd for nothing if no ramp is required.

I should clarify that the hazard lights must work externally and they will check the horn and lights high/low and spots if fitted.

Make sure you can click /unclick all your seatbelts, including middle back seat, nearly failed on this myself as the middle seat belt was stuck under the base.
Remove any baby seats as the tester will check that it is installed correctly and fail you if its not!

Back