NCT delays

sse

Hi all

On the 1st of August I went on the NCTS website to book an NCT appointment for my car which expires in September. The earliest appointment I could get was in the first week of December.

Is this normal across the country (I am in Waterford)?

I seem to remember my last NCT was refunded because I wasn't offered a date within a certain time, I assume that has now gone?

Thanks
SSE

I'm not sure about waterford, but in Dublin it is easy to get one for within the next week or so (cancellations I presume) but after that it's a long wait. I was originally slotted in for Oct but got one for mid-july after checking for alternative dates on ther site.

I rang to book a NCT in Fonthill, Dublin in late March and earliest date was 21st July! It was due to the new rule about 5 penalty points for not having NCT carried out on car, which lead to a huge influx of calls and a big backlog!

I rang today and the earliest appointment I could get was for 25th November in Ballymun ???????

Once you have your booking ref, go on to the website and see if you can get an earlier date for a rescheduled booking and see how you get on.

also, don't worry about the Gardai, just carry the notification of the test with you and you'll be fine.

Booked two ago for Deansgrange and got an appointment for last Tue. There seemd to be some space in Sep as well.

just keep an eye on the website check it evry evening, one day there was none to be had in dublin next day heaps of them in deansgrange got car through pretty handy.

Back