NCT "brokerage" scam

COMPLAINTS/CUSTOMER SERVICE INQUIRIES

If you would like to issue a complaint, or have any questions, concerns or inquiries, please contact us on the following email >>>>>>>>>>>> All complaints will be dealt with by our in-house Customer Service Department.
Strange email address.

I'd wonder how this crowd are getting access to appointments when many are struggling.
It would seem the British site repeatedly “crawls” the official version, spotting cancellation slots that come up, which it then immediately books, on behalf of its own clients.
I would imagine that they have automated this somehow.

Reactions: Leo
In the email field of their form for booking an appointment they've an example address ukconstructiontrainingservices, they also talk about "Exam" details - rather than tests. So I think they've copy pasted from another website they run where they try to collect fees from UK construction workers looking for various certs they need.

You can see what users think of that possible sister website here.

I see a few possibilities
- it's a scam - they take money and don't provide the service
- it's opportunistic - they take advantage of NCTs stupid batched release of cancelation slots and do something anyone could do for free if they knew the process, i.e. check on Saturday at ~23:00 for a slot next week.
- it opportunistic but unreliable - I can't imagine they've a large number staff so I'd not trust a booking they'd make
- probably least likely, they're working with an NCT employee who can provide them slots

take advantage of NCTs stupid batched release of cancelation slots
I believe this is exactly what is happening.

In so far as you are paying for a service (i.e. searching for cancellations) that is legitimate, so long as its clear to the purchaser.

However, based on some reports in the papers, they are also charging for the test which is not legitimate.

Back