Navan - Beechmount area

haminka1

We are looking to buy a house in Navan in the Beechmount or Balreask area - any advice on wheter it's suitable?
We are looking for a settled area, where the houses are owned and not rented and where it's safe for kids.

I've lived in both and they are fine. I used to rent in Beechmount many years ago. One of my best friends lives in Balreask Manor and says that it is fine. The houses in Beechmount Crescent/Grove are fairly old and I don't think that the build quality is great to be honest. The houses in Balreask Manor/Canterbrook may be slightly dearer but they are certainly worth it, especially the four bedroom semis.

The Beechmount/Balreask area is about 1 mile from the town centre and has a local shopping centre (Supervalu) etc in Beechmount. There will also be a Lidl opening there in the near future.

I live in Balreask Manor and all the houses here are owned (with the exception of 2 or 3) by families. It is very safe for kids, has large green areas where they play and speed ramps to control traffic speed.

BTW I am selling my house at the moment and it's not with an estate agent yet!!

Rois, I saw a couple of houses advertised in Balreask Manor but the prices seem quite outrageous - 300 K or even 370 K, it's like those people haven't woken up to reality yet! It's not 2007 anymore.
From outside they look like the houses you see down in Johnstown and from what we've seen so far over there, the quality is not that great - we've viewed some houses in the Boyne View and Spire View area just last Saturday and it's the usual - bathrooms leaking, mould around the window frames.
What is the quality of construction like in Balreask Manor?

Balreask Manor is quite different from Johnstown. They are brick built throughout with a high level of insulation. They are spacious and have large gardens.

They were always more expensive than the houses in Johnstown and at their peak were selling for around €450k. My house is 8 years old and I can assure you nothing is leaking or mouldy!

There are only 2 houses for sale here at the moment and I know 1 of them is certainly over-priced. I am not sure about the 2nd one.

There will also be a Lidl opening there in the near future.

Lidl will never open there. Supervalu keep objecting. However Supervalu itself is a very good supermarket. Another thing around Beechmount is that you are in easy reach of the Beechmount Industrial Estate for furniture/bathroom shops. Be warned however that if you like in Balreask Manor or Canterbrook, you're talking a good twenty minute walk to get into the centre of town

See link below:

[broken link removed]

Thanks for that. The original site for Lidl was on the other side of the road opposite the dog track but planning permission was constantly refused on the grounds that it would go head to head with Supervalu. Good to see that is sorted. It can only be good for competition and good value for consumers

Hi

Balreask village is grand too. Houses usually sell quite quickly there too. There are some rented out though, not sure how many but there are aome lovely families there.

I heard there was a road to be built through canterbrook/balreask manor area?? Maybe some one else has the proper details.. I am not 100% on the details (so please check it out- dont just take my word) but it was either a ring type road or a feeder road for the new motorway. Regardless, locals have told me it would make a differance to living in those estates.

Other then that- it's a lovely side of town.

No the road that was originally on the plans to go through Balreask Manor has now been scrapped under an "impermeability" agreement with the local council.

This is largely due to the oppostion of the Residents Association. Hence, the entrance where the road would have come through is now being blocked off by the council.

Back