National Insurance/ UK Pensions

Noreen8

Hi just wondering anyone got a telephone number that they successfully used to enable them contact National Insurance dept. Sent my CF83 form to them on the 5th May 2023 and still no response, everytime I go into gateway to get an estimated response date it's kicking the date out by a month or 2 it's now standing at April 2024 to get a response? Thanks

I wouldn't worry. My form was sent off on 16 March 2023 and they still haven't got to it yet. The latest estimate on the website is 8th February but I think it will be a few more weeks yet.

I'm same. Posted mine from within UK in mid May 2023. It says In Progress with estimated date of April.

I wouldn't worry.

Also, as someone pointed out in another thread, there was likely a huge bulk of applications before the previous deadline of April 2023, so I'm expecting our projected April 2024 response to keep being pushed out as they work through the backlog. Maybe hearing from them in the summer!

Yes very annoying changes everytime i go in to look at it. Very annoying though as don't know what class they will say I have to pay , hope its not the expensive one. Will just have to wait and see.

very annoying
Indeed, but as you will eventually end up with a second state pension its surely a temporary annoyance you can live with.

The delay also gives you more time to save to meet those back payments.

Indeed, but as you will eventually end up with a second state pension its surely a temporary annoyance you can live with.

The delay also gives you more time to save to meet those back payments.
Yes very true indeed thanks for response.

Hi all, I got a response from HMRC advising that they required further information about my employment to be eligible to purchase class 2 contributions. I am a bit confused as the front page asks me for details of my last employment before leaving the UK ( I worked for a company whom is now long gone in the late 80s/90s, and then the back page just asks me to note all my employment since 2006, is this right as I left the UK mid 1990's surely they need the information from leaving the UK?

You have the option to pay NICs for any missing years back to 2006 if applicable.

So give them the info they are looking for.

Back